- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Lateral Stiffness of Coil Spring for Railway Vehicle
철도차량용 코일스프링 횡강성 해석
- Hur, Hyun-Moo (Advanced Railroad Vehicle Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, Da-Hoon (Advanced Railroad Vehicle Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.08.10
- Accepted : 2018.09.07
- Published : 2018.09.30
In constructing the multi-body dynamics model to analyze the behavior of the railway vehicle, it is very important to understand the properties of the suspension elements that constitute the suspension system. Among them, coil springs, which are mainly used in primary and secondary suspension systems, clearly show the axial stiffness in the drawings, but the lateral properties of the coil springs are not specified clearly, making it difficult to construct a dynamic analysis model. Therefore, in this paper, the model for analyzing the lateral stiffness of the coil spring is examined. A finite element method was applied to analyze the lateral stiffness of the coil spring and numerical analysis was performed by applying the coil spring lateral stiffness analysis model proposed by Krettek and Sobczak. And the test to analyze the lateral stiffness of coil spring was conducted. As a result of comparing with the test results, it was found that the results obtained by applying the lateral stiffness analysis model of Krettek and Sobczak and correcting the correction coefficient are similar to those of the test results.
Grant : 고속대차 차륜형상 및 현가장치 고유설계를 위한 기초 기반기술 개발
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- V. K. Garg, R. V. Dukkipati, "Dynamics of Railway Vehicle Systems", pp.257-261, Academic Press, 1984
- C. S. Jeon, S. H. Choi, "A Study on the Vibration Reduction of the Commercial High-speed Train", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.18, No.11, pp.697-704, 2017
- C. S. Jeon, "A study on the Dynamic Behavior Enhancement of the Korean High-speed Train", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.18, No.10, pp.81-87, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.10.81
- A. D. Kelly, C. E. Knight, "Helrical Coil Suspension Spring in Finite Element Models of Compressors", International Compressor Engineering Conference, pp.779-787, 1992.
- S. Bruni, J. Vinolas, M. Berg, O. Polach, S. Stichel, "Modelling of suspension components in a rail vehicle dynamics context", Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.49, No.7, pp.1021-1072, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2011.586430 https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2011.586430
- O. Krettek, M. Sobczak, "Zur Berechnung der Quer und Biegekennung von Schraubenfedern fur Schienenfahrzeuge", ZEV-GlasersAnnalen, Vol.112, No.9, Aachen, pp.321-326, September, 1988.
- British Standards Institution, "BS EN 13298-2003 Railway applications - Suspension components - Helical suspension springs, steel", 2003.