The Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology (한국정보전자통신기술학회논문지)
- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study of Wind Turbine by Using ANSYS Program
ANSYS 프로그램을 이용한 풍력발전에 관한 연구
- Lee, Dal-Ho (Department of Electronic Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Park, Jung-Cheul (Department of Electronic Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2018.05.29
- Accepted : 2018.08.29
- Published : 2018.10.30
This paper designed the main blade in V-shape and tried to identify the design conditions by changing the main blade number and sub-blade number. Power output and power coefficient increased as main blade number increased. Sample 2 shows a 50% increase in power output compared to sample1. Sample 3 and sample4 increased by 92.8% and 114.7%, respectively. Sample 2 shows a 38.4% increase in power coefficient compared to sample1. Sample 3 and sample4 increased by 92.3% and 107.7%, respectively. Power output and power coefficient increased as sub-blade number increased. Sample 6 shows a 33.3% increase in power output compared to sample 5 and Sample 7 increased by 42.1%. Compared to sample5, efficiency increased by 35.3% for sample 5 and 47.1% for sample 7. The highest power output and power coefficient were measured when main blade and sub-blade were each 30 number. Sample 8 increased power output by 5.6% and power efficiency by 3.7% compared to sample 4. Compared to sample 7, sample 8 increased power efficiency by 12% and power output by 17.3%.
- Shin, J. Y., Son, Y .S., Cha, D. G., Lee,C.H.Hwang,I.C."Aerodynamic characteristics of a vertical axis wind turbine blade" Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering Vol.30, No.8, pp.877-884 Procedia 61, pp. 1275-1278. 2006,
- Kim, D. K., Kim, M. K., Cha, D. K., Yoon, S. H., Yang , C. J., "Design of Drag-type Vertical Axis Miniature Wind Turbine Using Arc Shaped Blade" The KSFM Journal of Fluid Machinery Vol.9, No.2, pp.7-12, 2006
- Park,C.,Park,G,S.,W.G.,S.H.,"Numerical Analysis of Wind Turbine of Drag Force Type with chang of Blade Number and Pitch Angle"Journal of the Koera Society of Computational Fluids Engineering Vol.10, pp. 61-64, 2004
- Ryu I.H,Kim J.H,Kim B.G., LeeK. S., Yang. C. J,"A Study on Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Performance in Different Blade Shapes, Korean Society for Fluid Mchinery, summer symposium, pp.29-33, 2016
- Kim, J. H., Kim, J .B., Oh, Y. L., , "Performance Prediction of Wind Power Turbine by CFD Analysis" Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers Vol.37, No.4, pp.423-429, 2013 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.4.423
- Jung,C.P.,"A Study of Vertical Axis Wind Turbine"Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology, Vol. 10,No.5 pp.389-395,2017 https://doi.org/10.17661/jkiiect.2017.10.5.389
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, "Development and Implementation of Optimal Design System for Electric Machines and Power Apparatus. (400kVA power transformer, 500kW wind generator, 5MW PM type electric machine)", Dong-A University, Korea Electrical Engineerin g & Science Research Institute, R-2007-2-060, pp.75-82, 2010.3.31.
- Khan, M.A, P. Pillay, "Design of a PM Wind Generator, Optimised for Energy Cature over a Wide operating Range", Electric Machines and Drives IEEE, pp.1504, May 15, 2005.