Figure 1. Scratch 2.0 programming
Figure 2. Create design stage
Figure 3. Learning design 4 steps used in this paper
Figure 4. Algorithm of science quiz program
Figure 5. Problem input scratch script
Figure 6. Create correct and incorrect scratch scripts
Table 1. Classification and characteristics of non-formal learning
Table 2. Design examples based on analytical framework
Table 3. Science inquiry and engineering stage
Table 4. Secondary science 2-1 3unit, abstention and our life
Table 5. 3 unit of secondary Science 2-1, abstention and reconstruction of life
Table 6. Variables and lists to generate
Supported by : National Research Foundation on Korea (NRF)
- H. Dumont and D. Istance, "The Nature of Learning: Using Research to Inspire Practice," Analysing and Designing Learning Environments for the 21st Century, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264086487-3en.
- W. C. Saxe, “Transfer of Learning Across Cultural Practices,” Cognition and Instruction, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 325-330, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1207/s1532690xci0604_3.
- D. Hung, S. Lee, and K. Kim, "Authenticity in Learning for the Twenty-first Century: Bridging the Formal and the Informal," Educational Technology Research & Development, Vol. 60, No. 6, pp. 1071-1091, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-012-9272-3.
- J. Hill, D. P. Domizi, M. Kim and H. Kim, "Teaching and Learning in Negotiated and Informal Online Learning Environments," Handbook of Distance Education, pp. 372-389, New York, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203803738.ch23.
- D. W. Carraher and A. D. Schliemann, "Lessons from Everyday reasoning in Mathematics Education: Realism Versus Meaningfulness," Theoretical Foundations of Learning Environments, pp. 173-196, Mahwah, 2000.
- T. J. La Belle, “Formal, Non-formal and Informal education: A Holistic Perspective on Lifelong Learning,” International Review of Education, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 159-175, 1982. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/bf00598444.
- D, Clark, "Formal and Informal learning," http://www.knowledgejupm.com/learning/informal.html, 2014.
- H. Eshach, “Bridging in-school and out-of-school Learning: Formal, Non-formal, and Informal Education,” Journal of Science Education and Technology, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 171-190, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-006-9027-1.
- National Research Council, "Learning Science in Informal Environments: People, Places, and Pursuits," The National Academies Press, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1179/msi.2009.4.1.113.
- A. Rossett and B. Hoffman, "Inform Learning," Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology, pp. 169-177, Boston, Person, 2012.
- W. C. Savenye, "Perspectives on Assessment of Educational Technologies for Informal Learning," Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology, pp. 257-267, New York, Springer, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3185-5_21.
- A. C. Jones, E. Scanlon, and G. Clough, “Mobile Learning: Two case Studies of Supporting Inquiry Learning in Informal and Semiformal Setting,” Computers & Education, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 21-32, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2012.08.008.
- P. F. Marty, N. D. Alemanne, A. Mendenhall, M. Maurya, and S. A. Southerland, “Scientific Inquiry, Digital Literacy, and Mobile Computing in Informal Learning Environments,” Learning, Media and Technology, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 407-428, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/17439884.2013.783596.
- Y. Song, L, Wong, and C. Looi, “Fostering Personalized Learning in Science Inquiry Supported by Mobile Technologies,” Educational Technology Research & Development, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 679-701, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-012-9245-6.
- Kwon Mi-kyung, “Development and Application of MLE-based Smart Education System for Improving Selfefficacy of ADHD Students,” Journal of the Korean Association of Information Education, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 337-353, 2012.
- J. Sandberg, M. Maris, and K. de Geus, "Mobile English Learning: An Evidence-based Study with Fifth Grades," Computers & Education, 57, pp. 1334-1347, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2011.01.015.
- H. Heo, I. Jo, K. Lim, H. Lee, and S. Suh, "The Convergence of Informal Learning and formal Education in a Ubiquitous Environment," Handbook of Design in educational Technology, pp. 310-321, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203075227.ch27.
- Scratch, MIT Media Lab Lifelong Kindergarten Scratch of Home Page, https://scratch.mit.edu.