- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Regional Variation in Educational Community Formation of Rural Village - Case Analysis of Songak in Asan-si, Chungcheongnam-do -
농촌마을교육공동체 형성과정에서 나타나는 지역의 변화 분석 - 충남 아산시 송악지역 사례를 중심으로 -
- 고경호 (단국대학교 환경자원경제학과)
- Received : 2019.08.08
- Accepted : 2019.08.21
- Published : 2019.08.31
This study aims to analyze the regional variations in which appear during the formation process of educational community in rural villages from the perspective of regional innovation theory. The study results revealed that the activities to form an educational community of the Songak village significantly influenced the variations across the social, economic and environmental aspects beyond an innovation of public education within the region based on interrelation between schools and villages. In other words, the activities including interactions and group learnings have been actively promoted among the various relevant stakeholders, thereby resulting in a variety of positive variations such as expanded regional welfare base, activated voluntary residents community gatherings based on the unity and cooperation, broadened socioeconomic opportunities, satisfaction on educational and cultural desires, and construction of healthy ecological environment in the region. Therefore, it is thought that regional development policy suitable for each region needs to be established by embracing the fact that activities to form a village educational community entail significant implication and value as the comprehensive regional innovation activities across the entire domains in each region.
- Cooke. P., M. G. Uranga, and G. Etxebarria. 1997. Regional Innovation System: Institutional and Organizational Dimensions. Research Policy. 26(4-5): 475-491. (https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(97)00025-5)
- Freeman. C. 1987. Technology Policy and Economic Performance: Lessons from Japan, Frances Pinter.
- Kim, Y. C., Y. T. Kang, Y. R. Kim, Y. S. Cho, and B. G. Lee. 2016. Overseas Case Study and Policy Direction Study on Village Education Community, Gyeonggi-do Office of Education.
- Kim, Y. L. 2015. A Theoretical Approach for Community-based Learning: Applying Principles from Complexity Science, Social Capital, and Educational Governance. Korea Journal of Education Administration. 33(2): 259-287.
- Kang, Y. T. and J. S. Kim. 2012. A Study on Partnership of Schools and Communities: A Case of Hongsung-Gun Hongdong-Myun. The Journal of Research Education. 43: 27-49.
- Kim, J. S. and H. S. Lee. 2015. An Exploratory Study on the Identity of the Village Schools based on a Conceptual Map. Journal of Lifelong Education. 21(2): 73-107.
- Ko, K. H. 2017. A Study on the Establishment for Promoting the Academic-Industrial Knowledge Transfer System in the Regional Innovation System: The Case of Chungnam Province. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 18(7): 599-610. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.599
- Park, H. C. 2009. Impact of School Factor, Regional Factor and School-community Partnership on Learner Participation in School Lifelong Education. Hongik University.
- Seo, Y. S., Y. L. Kim, K. S. Yim, S. K. Hong, G. G. Choi, and T. Cho. 2015. A Study on the Concept of Village Education Community and Policy Direction, Gyeonggi-do Office of Education.
- Yang, B. C. 2008. Creating the Education Community through the Cooperation of Schools and Communities in the Rural Area: Focusing the "Pull-mu" School Community in Chungnam Hong-dong Area. Journal of Lifelong Education. 14(3): 129-151.
- Yang, B. C. 2014. The Meaning of 'Mauel Hakkyo' for the Community Building Projects in Korea. Journal of Lifelong Education. 2(1): 1-25.
- Yang, B. C. 2015. New Collaboration of the Community Building and Lifelong Education in Korea. Journal of Lifelong Education. 21(3): 1-23.
- Yang, B. C. 2018. A Study on the Interaction of the Maul Education Community Movement and Policy in Korea. Journal of Lifelong Education. 24(3): 125-152.
- Kim, Y. Y., M. S. Cha, and H. S. Kang. 2009. Regional Development Police. Hanulbooks.