- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A new record of Scleroconidioma sphagnicola isolated from soil in Korea
- Ayim, Benjamin Yaw (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Sung, Gihwan (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kang, In-Kyu (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Yeol (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Jung, Hee-Young (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2019.05.17
- Accepted : 2019.06.19
- Published : 2019.06.01
A fungal isolate, designated KNU-JJ-1824, was isolated from a soil sample collected from a field on Jeju, Korea. Colonies of the isolates cultured on PDA, MEA and CMAD for 14 days grew to diameters of 49~51 mm, 60~63 mm, and 47~50 mm, respectively. The colonies of this fungal isolate were dark green in color on both sides, and had irregular margins on the PDA media. Mycelia submerged and exhibited clear lines from the center to the edge on MEA media. On CMAD media, they were dark brown to greenish-brown, with narrow white margins. The shape of the conidia was guttulate, fusiform or clavate, and
Supported by : National Institute of Biological Resources
- Tsuneda A, Thormann MN, Currah RS. Scleroconidioma, a new genus of dematiaceous Hyphomycetes. Can J Bot 2000;78:1294-8.
- Vasiliauskas R, Lygis V, Larsson KH, Stenlid J. Airborne fungal colonization of coarse woody debris in North temperate Picea abies forest: Impact of season and local spatial scale. Mycol Res 2005;109:487-96. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0953756204002084
- Koukol O, Kovarova M. Autecology of Scleroconidioma sphagnicola particularly in Sumava National Park (Czech Republic). Czech Mycol 2007;59:111-23. https://doi.org/10.33585/cmy.59113
- Sigler L, Tsuneda A, Carmichael JW. Phaeotheca and Phaeosclera , two new genera of dematiaceous Hyphomycetes and a redescription of Sarcinomyces Lindner. Mycotaxon 1981;12:449-67.
- Tsuneda A, Murakami S. Endoconidium development and release in the Hyphomycete Phaeotheca fissurella. Mycologia 1985;77:433-40. https://doi.org/10.1080/00275514.1985.12025121
- Tsuneda A, Chen MH, Currah RS. Conidiomatal morphogenesis and pleomorphic conidiogenesis in Scleroconidioma sphagnicola. Mycologia 2001;93:1164-73. https://doi.org/10.1080/00275514.2001.12063249
- Soderstrom BE. Vertical distribution of microfungi in a spruce forest soil in the south of Sweden. Trans Br Mycol Soc 1975;65:419-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-1536(75)80039-8
- Sterflinger K, de Hoog GS, Haase G. Phylogeny and ecology of meristematic ascomycetes. Stud Mycol 1999;43:5-22.
- Hambleton S, Tsuneda A, Currah RS. Comparative morphology and phylogenetic placement of two microsclerotial black fungi from Sphagnum. Mycologia 2003;95:959-75. https://doi.org/10.1080/15572536.2004.11833055
- Tsuneda A, Thormann MN. Currah RS. Modes of cell-wall degradation of Sphagnum fuscum by Acremonium cf. curvulum and Oidiodendron maius. Can J Bot 2001;79:93-100.
- White TJ, Bruns T, Lee S, Taylor JW. Amplification and direct sequencing of fungal ribosomal RNA genes for phylogenetics. In: Innis MA, Gelfand DH, Sninsky JJ, White TJ, editors. PCR Protocols: a guide to methods and applications. San Diego: Academic Press; 1990. p. 315-22.
- Gardes M, Bruns TD. ITS primers with enhanced specificity for basidiomycetes - application to the identification of mycorrhizae and rusts. Mol Ecol 1993;2:113-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-294X.1993.tb00005.x
- Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, Kumar S. MEGA 6: Molecular evolutionary genetics analysis version 6.0. Mol Biol Evol 2013;30:2725-9. https://doi.org/10.1093/molbev/mst197
- Kim JW, Lee GY, Kim YH, Eom BC. A synecological description of Ohmi moor with Sphagnum islet in Jeju, Korea. Korean J Ecol Environ 2018;51:174-83. https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2018.51.2.174