- Volume 24 Issue 4
We propose a smart parking space guiding system based on user preferences in a parking lot. This system guides each vehicle to the most suitable parking space in a parking lot to meet the user preferences such as the available parking spaces in the parking zones and the proximity to the destination by exploiting the traffic to each parking zone gathered at the sensors near each guiding display. For this purpose, this paper proposes the cost function for the optimal route guide based on the various user preferences. In addition, the paper reports the design and implementation results of an event based simulator to show the feasibility of the smart parking guidance system.
Supported by : 대구대학교
- Bagula, A., Castelli, L. and Zennaro, M., "On the Design of Smart Parking Networks in the Smart Cities: An Optimal Sensor Placement Model," Sensors, No. 15, pp. 15443-15467, 2015.
- Lin, T., Rivano, H. and Mouel, F., "A Survey of Smart Parking Solutions," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 3229-3253, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/tits.2017.2685143
- Shin, D., Yang, J., Son, J., Han, S. and Lee, H., "Smart Parking Guidance System based on IoT Car-stoppers," Journal of the Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 137-143, 2017. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.3.137
- Lee, C., Han, Y., Jeon, S., Seo, D. and Jung, I., "Smart Parking System Using Ultrasonic Sensor and Bluetooth Communication in Internet of Things," KIISE Transactions on Computing Practices, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 268-277, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5626/KTCP.2016.22.6.268
- Yoo, S., Chong, P. K., et al., "PGS: Parking Guidance System based on Wireless Sensor Network," the 3rd International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing (ISWPC 2008), Santorini, Greece, 7-9 May, 2008.
- Park, S. and Lyou, J., "Design of IoT based Parking Management System," Information and Control Symposium, pp. 156-159, Erode, India, 18-19 July, 2017.
- Park, J. and Lim, H., "A Design of Low Power Parking Guidance System," Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 142-148, 2011. https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2011.03.5.1.142
- Yoo, S., "A Software Framework for Verifying Sensor Network Operations and Sensing Algorithms," Journal of Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 63-71, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9723/jksiis.2012.17.1.063
- Shin, J. and Jun, H., "A Study on Smart Parking Guidance Algorithm," Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol. 44, pp. 299-317, 2014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2014.04.010
- Li, B., Pei, Y., Wu, H. and Huang, D., "MADM-based Smart Parking Guidance Algorithm," PLOS ONE, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0188283
- Rajabioun, T. and Ioannou, P. A., "On-Street and Off-Street Parking Availability Prediction Using Multivariate Spatiotemporal Models," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 2913-2924, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2015.2428705
- "LabWindows/CVI", http://www.ni.com/lwcvi/ (accessed on 19th Apr., 2019)