- Volume 37 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Isolation and Identification of Probiotic Bacillus strain Forming Amine Oxidase from Traditional Fermented Soybean Paste
재래식 된장으로부터 아민 산화 효소를 생산하는 프로바이오틱 바실러스균의 분리 동정
- Lim, Eun-Seo (Department of Food Science & Nutrition, Tongmyong University)
- 임은서 (동명대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2020.11.20
- Accepted : 2020.12.21
- Published : 2020.12.31
The primary objective of this study was to isolate and identify amine oxidase-producing probiotic Bacillus strains from traditional fermented soybean paste. Biogenic amines (BA)-forming bacteria isolated from the samples were identified as Bacillus sp. TS09, Bacillus licheniformis TS17, Bacillus subtilis TS19, Bacillus cereus TS23, Bacillus sp. TS30, Bacillus megaterium TS31, B. subtilis TS44, Bacillus coagulans TS46 and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens TS59. Meanwhile, B. subtilis TS04 and TS50 isolated from the same samples exhibited good probiotic properties, including the tolerance to artificial gastric juice and bile salts, the adhesion to intestinal epithelial cells, and the production of bacteriocin(s) active against BA-forming bacteria (Bacillus sp. TS30 and B. subtilis TS44). In addition, the amine oxidase produced by B. subtilis TS04 and TS50 significantly decreased the formation of BA, especially cadaverine, putrescine, and tyramine, therefore, these strains could be considered good potential probiotic candidates to prevent or reduce BA accumulation in food products.
- P. Kalac, P. Krausova, "A review of dietary polyamines: Formation, implications for growth and health and occurrence in foods", Journal of Food Chemistry, Vol.90, No.1 pp. 219-230, (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2004.03.044
- G. Suzzi, S. Torriani, "Biogenic amines in foods", Journal of Frontier Microbiology, Vol.6, pp. 472, (2015).
- D. M. Linares, M. Martin, V. Ladero, M.A. Alveraz, M. Fernandez, "Biogenic amines in dairy products", Journal of Critical Review Food Science Nutrition, Vol.51, No.7 pp. 691-703, (2011). https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.582813
- A. R. Shalaby, "Significance of biogenic amines to food safety and human health", Journal of Food Research International, Vol.29, No.7 pp. 675-690, (1996). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(96)00066-X
- T. Hernandez-Jover, M. Izquierdo-Pulido, M. T. Vechiana-Nogues, A. Marine-Font, M. C. Vidal-Carou, "Biogenic amines and polyamine contents in meat and meat products", Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry, Vol.45, No.6 2098-2102, (1997). https://doi.org/10.1021/jf960790p
- P. Visciano, M. Schirone, R. Tofalo, G. Suzzi, "Biogenic amines in raw and processed seafood', Journal of Frontier Microbiology, Vol.3, No.4 pp. 188, (2012).
- T. Y. Cho, G. H. Han, K. N. Bahn, Y. W. Son, M. R. Jang, C. H. Lee, S. H. Kim, D. B. Kim, S. B. Kim. "Evaluation of biogenic amines in Korean commercial fermented foods", Journal of Korean Food Science Technology, Vol.38, No.6 pp. 730-737, (2006).
- J. S. Moon, S. K. Cho, H. Y. Choi, J. E. Kim, S. Y. Kim, K. J. Cho. N. S. Han, "Isolation and characterization of biogenic amine producing bacteria in fermented soybean pastes", Journal of Microbiology, Vol.48, No.2 pp. 257-261, (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12275-010-0040-y
- C. Ruiz-Capillas, F. Jimenez-Colmenero, "Biogenic amines in meat and meat products", Journal of Critical Review Food Science Nutrition, Vol.44, No.7 pp. 489-499, (2004).
- Y. K. Park, J. H. Lee, J. H. Mah, "Occurrence and reduction of biogenic amines in kimchi and Korean fermented seafood products", Journal of Foods, Vol.8, No.11 pp. 547-561, (2019). https://doi.org/10.3390/foods8110547
- M. L. N. E. Dapkevicius, M. J. R. Nout, F. M. Rombouts, J. H. Houben, W. Wymenga, "Biogenic amine formation and degradation by potential fish silage starter microorganisms", Journal of International Food Microbiology, Vol.57, No.1 pp. 107-114, (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1605(00)00238-5
- E. S. Lim, "Microbiological and chemical properties of sourdough fermented with probiotic lactic acid bacteria", Journal of Korean Microbiology, Vol.52, No.1 pp. 84-97, (2016). https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2016.6012
- A. Naila, S. Flint, G. Fletcher, P. Bremer, G. Meerdink, "Control of biogenic amines in food-existing and emerging approaches", Journal of Food Science, Vol.75, No.7 pp. R139-R150, (2010). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01774.x
- J. Grimoud, H. Durand, C. Courtin, P. Monsan, F. Ouarne, V. Theodorou, C. Roques, "In vitro screening of probiotic lactic acid bacteria and prebiotic glucooligosaccharides to select effective synbiotics", Journal of Anaerobe, Vol.16 No.5 pp. 493-500, (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anaerobe.2010.07.005
- O. Osmanagaoglu, F. Kiran, H. Ataoglu, "Evaluation of in vitro probiotic potential of Pediococcus pentosaceus OZF isolated from human breast milk", Journal of Probiotics Antimicrobial Proteins, Vol.2, No.3 pp. 162-174, (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12602-010-9050-7
- K. Savitha, M. Srinivas, K. Dhanalakshmi, "Isolation and characterization of bacteriocin from Bacillus cereus MTCC1307", Journal of International Apply Pure Science Agricultural, Vol.2, No.12 pp. 200-208, (2016).
- H. Holo, O. Nilssen, I. F. Nes, "Lactococcin A, a new bacteriocin from Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris: isolation and characterization of the protein and its gene", Journal of Bacteriology, Vol.173, No.12 pp. 3879-3887, (1991). https://doi.org/10.1128/JB.173.12.3879-3887.1991
- S. J. Heo, K. C. Jeong, H. D. Lee, D. W. Jeong, J. H. Lee, "Selection and characterization of Bacillus strains harboring the gene for biogenic amine degradation", Journal of Microbiology Biotechnology Letter, Vol.45, No.2 pp. 143-148, (2017). https://doi.org/10.4014/mbl.1705.05002
- Y. C. Lee, C. S. Lin, F. L. Liu, T. C. Huang, Y. H. Tsai, "Degradation of histamine by Bacillus polymyxa isolated from salted fish products", Journal of Food Drug Analysis, Vol.23, No.4 pp. 836-844, (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfda.2015.02.003
- E. S. Lim, "Isolation, identification, and probiotic characteristics of Bacillus strains affecting the biogenic amine content in fermented soybean paste", Journal of Korean Microbiology, Vol.55, No.2, pp. 131-142, (2019).
- W. Y. Jung, J. Y. Jung, H. J. Lee, C. O. Jeon, "Functional characterization of bacterial communities responsible for fermentation of doenjang: A traditional Korean fermented soybean paste", Journal of Frontier Microbiology, Vol.7, No.6 pp. 1-10, (2016).
- D. H. Shin, D. Y. Jeong, "Korean traditional fermented soybean products: Jang", Journal of Ethnic Food, Vol.2, pp. 2-7, (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jef.2015.02.002
- X. Bai, Y. Byun, J. H. Mah, "Formation and destruction of biogenic amines in Chunjang(a black soybean paste) and Jajang(a black soybean sauce)", Journal of Food Chemistry, Vol.141, No.2 pp. 1026-1031, (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.03.054
- A. A. Argyri, G. Zoumpopouloum K. A. G. Karatzas, E. Tsakalidou, G. E. Nychas, E. Z. Panagou, "Selection of potential probiotic lactic acid bacteria from fermented olives by in vitro tests", Journal of Food Microbiology, Vol.33, No.2 pp. 282-291 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2012.10.005
- S. K. Lee, J. J. Lee, Y. I. Jin, J. C. Jeong, Y. H. Chang, Y. S. Lee, Y. H. Jeong, M. S. Kim, "Probiotic characteristics of Bacillus strains isolated from Korean traditional soy sauce", Journal of LWT-Food Science Technology, Vol.79, pp. 518-524, (2017).
- M. C. Otero, V. S. Ocana, E. N. M. Macias, "Bacterial surface characteristics applied to selection of probiotic microorganisms", Journal of Methods Molecular Biology, Vol.268, pp. 435-440, (2004).