- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of CSR Perception On Creativity : The Mediating Effect of Compassion and the Moderating Effect of CSR Authenticity
기업의 사회적 책임(CSR) 인식이 조직 구성원들의 창의성에 미치는 영향 : 컴페션의 매개효과와 CSR진정성의 조절효과
- Ko, Sung-Hoon (Commercial Education Major, Graduate School of Education, Kyonggi University) ;
- Choi, Yongjun (College of Business Administration, Hongik University)
- Received : 2019.10.07
- Accepted : 2020.03.20
- Published : 2020.03.28
This study aims to examine the effect of employees' CSR perception on creativity via compassion along with the moderating effect of CSR authenticity. For the research procedure, frequency analysis and CFA analysis were performed after sample collection, hypothesis verification and moderating effect verification were performed. We conducted an empirical analysis using 360 employees from large-sized companies in Korea. First, the results showed that CSR perception was positively related to employees' compassion. Second, compassion was also positively related to creativity. Third, the positive relationship between CSR perception and creativity was mediated by compassion, and the aforementioned mediated relationship was moderated by CSR authenticity. Therefore, our study findings imply that, when employees perceive CSR, they will not only form compassion emotions but also will display more creativity especially when they perceive the authenticity of CSR.
본 연구의 목적은 국내 대기업 종업원의 CSR인식이 컴페션을 매개변수로 종업원의 창의성에 영향을 미치는지와 더불어, 그 관계가 CSR 진정성에 의해 조절되는가를 실증하는 것이다. 연구 절차는 표본 수집 후 빈도분석과 CFA분석을 수행하였고, 가설검증 및 조절효과 검증을 수행하였다. 본 연구에서는 국내 대기업에 종사하는 종업원 360명을 표본으로 실증적 분석을 수행하였다. 그 결과, 첫째, CSR인식이 컴페션에 미치는 긍정적인 영향이 유의하게 검증되었고, 컴페션이 창의성에 미치는 긍정적인 영향 역시 유의하게 검증되었다. 둘째, 종업원들의 CSR인식이 창의성에 미치는 긍정적인 효과 또한 유의하게 검증되었다. 셋째, CSR인식과 창의성의 긍정적인 관계에서 컴페션의 매개효과와 CSR진정성의 조절효과가 모두 유의하게 실증되었다. 본 연구는 종업원들의 이 기업의 CSR을 인식할 때 컴페션의 감정을 형성할 뿐 아니라 CSR의 진정성을 인식하게 될 때 개인적인 창의성 향상에 더욱 긍정적인 영향을 미치게 될 것이라는 점을 실증했다는데서 의의를 가진다.
- J. M. Lilius, M. C. Worline, S. Maitlis, J. Kanov, J. E. Dutton & P. Frost. (2008). The Contours and Consequences of Compassion at Work, Journal of Organizational Behavior, 29(2), 193-218. DOI: 10.1002/job.508
- S. H. Ko, & T. W. Moon. (2012). The Effect of Compassion within Organizations on Intention to Leave: Focusing on the Double Mediation Effect of Positive Identity and Organizational Commitment, Korean Journal of Management, 20(3), 29-76.
- S. H. Ko, & T. W. Moon. (2013). The Effect of CSR Perception within Organizations on Organizational Commitment: Focusing on the Mediation Effect of Compassion, Management and Information Systems Review, 32(3), 189-220. DOI: 10.29214/damis.2013.32.3.010
- S. Y. Ku, S. H. Ko, & T. W. Moon. (2018). The Effect of Compassion within Orchestra Organization on Job Performance-Focusing on the Mediation Effect of Psychological Well-Being and Self Efficacy, Management and Information Systems Review, 37(2), 43-62. DOI: 10.29214/damis.2018.37.2.003
- S. H. Ko. (2018). The Effects of Compassion Experienced by Social Workers on Collective Self-Esteem: Mediating Effect of Positive Work-Related Identity and Moderating Effect of Organizational Identification, Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(10), 179-185. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.10.179
- S. H. Ko. (2018). The Effect of Compassion and Positive Leadership Experienced by Organizational Members on Collective Self Esteem and Job Performance: Mediating Effect of Positive Organizational Identity, Journal of CEO and Management Studies, 21(4), 39-59.
- B. L. Fredrickson M. M. Tugade C. E. Waugh & G. R. Larkin. (2003). What Good are Positive Emotions in Crisis? A Prospective Study of Resilience and Emotions following the Terrorist Attacks on the United States on September 11th, 2001, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84(2), 365-376. DOI: 10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1685
- J. E Dutton P. J. Frost M. C. Worline J. M. Lilius & J. M. Kanov. (2002). Leading in Times of Trauma. Harvard Business Review, 80(1), 54-61.
- K. S. Cameron, D. Bright & A. Caza..(2004). Exploring the Relationships between Organizational Virtuousness and Performance, American Behavioral Scientist, 47(6), 766-790. DOI: 10.1177/0002764203260209
- Dutton, J. & Heaphy, E. (2003).The Power of High Quality Connections. In K. Cameron, J. Dutton & R. E. Quinn (Eds.), Positive Organizational Scholarship: Foundations for a New Discipline (pp. 263-278). San Francisco: Berrett- Koehler.
- B. M. Staw & S. G. Barsade (1993). Affect and Managerial Performance: A Test of the Sadder-but-Wiser vs. Happier-and-Smarter Hypotheses, Administrative Science Quarterly, 38, 304-331. DOI: 10.2307/2393415
- B. L. Fredrickson. (1998). What Good are Positive Emotions?, Review of General Psychology, 2(3), 300-319. DOI: 10.1037//1089-2622.214.171.1240
- A. Rego N. Ribeiro & M. P. Cunha. (2010). Perceptions of Organizational Virtuousness and Happiness as Predictors of Organizational Citizenship Behaviors, Journal of Business Ethics, 93(2), 215-235. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-009-0197-7
- C. Peterson & M. E. Seligman. (2004). Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification (Vol. 1). Oxford University Press.
- K. I. Miller. (2007). Compassionate Communication in the Workplace: Exploring Processes of Noticing, Connecting, and Responding, Journal of Applied Communication Research, 35(3), 223-245. DOI: 10.1080/00909880701434208
- H. M. Weiss & R. Cropanzano. (1996). Affective Events Theory: A Theoretical Discussion of the Structure, Causes, and Consequences of Affective Experiences at Work, Research in Organizational Behavior, 18, 1-74..
- J. B. Miller & I. P. Stiver. (1997). The Healing Connection: How Women form Relationships in Therapy and in Life. Boston: Beacon Press.
- S. Folkman & J. T. Moskowitz. (2000). Positive Affect and the Other Side of Coping, American Psychologist, 55(6), 647-654. DOI: 10.1037//0003-066x.55.6.647
- B. L. Fredrickson M. M. Tugade C. E. Waugh & G. R. Larkin. (2003). What Good are Positive Emotions in Crisis? A Prospective Study of Resilience and Emotions Following the Terrorist Attacks on the United States on September 11th, 2001, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84(2), 365-376. DOI: 10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1995
- R. E. Boyatzis M. L. Smith & A. J. Beveridge. (2012). Coaching with Compassion: Inspiring Health, Well-Being, and Development in Organizations, The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 49(2), 153-178. DOI: 10.1177/0021886312462236
- F. G. Ashby & A. M. Isen. (1999). A Neuropsychological Theory of Positive Affect and Its Influence on Cognition, Psychological Review, 106(3), 529-550. DOI: 10.1037//0033-295x.106.3.529
- C. A. Estrada A. M. Isen & M. J. Young. (1994). Positive Affect Improves Creative Problem Solving Satisfaction in Physicians, Motivation and Emotion, 18(4), 285-299. DOI: 10.1007/bf02856470
- W. Janig & H. J. Habler. (1999). Organization of the Autonomic Nervous System: Structure and Function. In O. Appenzeller. (Ed.), The Autonomic Nervous System (Part I): Normal Functions, Handbook of Clinical Neurology (Vol. 74, pp. 1-52). New York: Elsevier.
- C. K. De Dreu B. A. Nijstad & D. van Knippenberg. (2008). Motivated Information Processing in Group Judgment and Decision Making, Personality and Social Psychology Review, 12(1), 22-49. DOI: 10.1177/1088868307304092
- L. R. Weingart, R. J. Bennett & J. M. Brett. (1993). The Impact of Consideration of Issues and Motivational Orientation on Group Negotiation Process and Outcome, Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(3), 504-517. DOI: 10.1037//0021-9010.78.3.504
- R. W. Quinn & J. E. Dutton. (2005). Coordination as Energy-in-Conversation, Academy of Management Review, 30(1), 36-57. DOI: 10.5465/amr.2005.15281422
- A. M. Isen M. M. Johnson E. Mertz & G. F. Robinson. (1985). The Influence of Positive Affect on the Unusualness of Word Associations, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 48(6), 1413-1426. DOI: 10.1037//0022-35188.8.131.523
- A. M. Isen & K. A. Daubman. (1984). The Influence of Affect on Categorization, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 47(6), 1206-1217. DOI: 10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2066
- A. M. Isen K. A. Daubman & G. P. Nowicki. (1987). Positive Affect Facilitates Creative Problem Solving, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 52(6), 1122-1131. DOI: 10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.112
- A. M. Isen A. S. Rosenzweig & M. J. Young. (1991). The Influence of Positive Affect on Clinical Problem Solving, Medical Decision Making, 11(3), 221-227. 10.1177/0272989x9101100313
- T. L. Baker T. G. Hunt & M. C. Andrews. (2006). Promoting Ethical Behavior and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors: The Influence of Corporate Ethical Values, Journal of Business Research, 59(7), 849-857. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.02.004
- N. C. Jr. Herndon J. P. Fraedrich & Q. J. Yeh. (2001). An Investigation of Moral Values and the Ethical Content of the Corporate Culture: Taiwanese versus US Sales People, Journal of Business Ethics, 30(1), 73-85. DOI: 10.1023/A:100649390
- S. Valentine L. Godkin & M. Lucero. (2002). Ethical Context, Organizational Commitment, and Person-Organization Fit, Journal of Business Ethics, 41(4), 349-360. DOI: 10.1023/A:102120301
- A. Pandey & R. K. Gupta. (2008). A Perspective of Collective Consciousness of Business Organizations, Journal of Business Ethics, 80(4), 889-898. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-007-9475-4
- A. Glavas & S. K. Piderit. (2009). How Does Doing Good Matter? Effects of Corporate Citizenship on Employees, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 36, 51-70. DOI: 10.9774/gleaf.4700.2009.wi.00007
- S. Brammer H. He & K. Mellahi.(2015). Corporate Social Responsibility, Employee Organizational Identification, and Creative Effort: The Moderating Impact of Corporate Ability, Group and Organization Management, 40(3), 323-352. DOI: 10.1177/1059601114562246
- R. Cropanzano Z. S. Byrne D. R. Bobocel & D. E. Rupp. (2001). Moral Virtues, Fairness Heuristics, Social Entities, and Other Denizens of Organizational Justice. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 58(2), 164-209. DOI: 10.1006/jvbe.2001.1791
- D. E. Rupp J. Ganapathi R. V. Aguilera & C. A. Williams. (2006). Employee Reactions to Corporate Social Responsibility: An Organizational Justice Framework, Journal of Organizational Behavior, 27(4), 537-543. DOI: 10.1002/job.380
- O. Farooq M. Payaud D. Merunka & P. Valette-Florence. (2014). The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Organizational Commitment: Exploring Multiple Mediation Mechanisms, Journal of Business Ethics, 125(4), 563-580. DOI: 10.1007/s10551-013-1928-3
- D. B. Turban & D. W. Greening. (1997). Corporate Social Performance and Organizational Attractiveness to Prospective Employees, Academy of Management Journal, 40(3), 658-672. DOI: 10.5465/257057
- N. Ellemers D. De Gilder & S. A. Haslam. (2004). Motivating Individuals and Groups at Work: A Social Identity Perspective on Leadership and Group Performance. Academy of Management Review, 29(3), 459-478. DOI: 10.2307/20159054
- C. M. Riordan R. D. Gatewood & J. B. Bill. (1997). Corporate Image: Employee Reactions and Implications for Managing Corporate Social Performance, Journal of Business Ethics, 16(4), 401-412. . DOI: 10.1023/A:1017989205184
- T. W. Moon W. M. Hur S. H. Ko J. W. Kim & S. W. Yoon. (2014). Bridging Corporate Social Responsibility and Compassion at Work: Relations to Organizational Justice and Affective Organizational Commitment, Career Development International, 19(1), 49-72. DOI: 10.1108/cdi-05-2013-0060
- V. Skudiene & V. Auruskeviciene. (2012). The Contribution of Corporate Social Responsibility to Internal Employee Motivation, Baltic Journal of Management, 7(1), 49-67. DOI: 10.1108/17465261211197421
- J. Bae & G. T. Cameron. (2006). Conditioning Effect of Prior Reputation on Perception of Corporate Giving, Public Relations Review, 32(2), 144-150. DOI: 10.1016/j.pubrev.2006.02.007
- A. B. Carroll. (1979). A Three-Dimensional Conceptual Model of Corporate Performance, Academy of Management Review, 4(4), 497-505. DOI: 10.5465/amr.1979.4498296
- I. Maignan & O. C. Ferrell. (2001). Corporate Citizenship as a Marketing Instrument-Concepts, Evidence and Research Directions, European Journal of Marketing, 35(3/4), 457-484. DOI: 10.1108/03090560110382110
- J. E. Ettlie & R. D. O'Keefe. (1982). Innovative Attitudes, Values, and Intentions in Organizations, Journal of Management Studies, 19(2), 163-182. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.1982.tb00066.x
- M. S. Basadur M. Wakabayashi & G. B. Graen. (1990). Individual Problem Solving Styles and Attitudes toward Divergent Thinking Before and After Training, Creativity Research Journal, 3(1), 22-32. DOI: 10.1080/10400419009534331
- L. L. Price E. J. Arnould & S. L. Deibler. (1995). Consumers' Emotional Responses to Service Encounters: The Influence of the Service Provider, International Journal of Service Industry Management, 6(3), 34-63. DOI: 10.1108/09564239510091330
- J. H. Kim S. H. Hong & B. D. Chu. (2007). Applications of Structural Equation Modeling in Management Studies: A Critical Review, Korean Management Review, 36(4), 897-923.
- K. J. Preacher & A. F. Hayes. (2004). SPSS and SAS Procedures for Estimating Indirect Effects in Simple Mediation Models, Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 36(4), 717-731. DOI: 10.3758/bf03206553
- K. J. Preacher & A. F. Hayes. (2008). Asymptotic and Resampling Strategies for Assessing and Comparing Indirect Effects in Multiple Mediator Models, Behavior Research Methods, 40(3), 879-891. DOI: 10.3758/brm.40.3.879
- R. M. Baron & D. A. Kenny. (1986). The Moderator-Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research: Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. DOI:10.1037//0022-3518.104.22.1683
- J. E. Dutton. (2003). Energize Your Workplace: How to Build and Sustain High-Quality Connections at Work. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- P. J. Frost. (2003). Toxic Emotions at Work: How Compassionate Managers Handle Pain and Conflict. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
- S. H. Ko. (2018). The Effects of Compassion experienced by Social Workers on Collective Self-Esteem: Mediating Effect of Positive Work-Related Identity and Moderating Effect of Organizational Identification, Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(10), 179-185. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.10.179
- S. H. Ko. (2019). The Effect of Compassion on Job Performance: Focusing on the Creating Research Model through Qualitative Research, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(6), 65-74. DOI: 10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.6.065