- Volume 35 Issue 2
We define a left quotient as well as a right quotient of two bounded operators between Hilbert spaces, and we parametrize these two concepts using the Moore-Penrose inverse. In particular, we show that the adjoint of a left quotient is a right quotient and conversely. An explicit formulae for computing left (resp. right) quotient which correspond to adjoint, sum, and product of given left (resp. right) quotient of two bounded operators are also shown.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : PRFU
- M. Benharrat and B. Messirdi, Semi-Fredholm operators and pure contractions in Hilbert space, Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo (2) 62 (2013), no. 2, 267-272. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12215-013-0123-9
- M. Benharrat and B. Messirdi, Strong metrizability for closed operators and the semi-Fredholm operators between two Hilbert spaces, Int. J. Anal. Appl. 8 (2015), no. 2, 110-122.
- A. Ben-Israel and T. N. E. Greville, Generalized inverses: theory and applications, Second edition, Springer, New York, 2003.
- R. G. Douglas, On majorization, factorization, and range inclusion of operators on Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 17 (1966), 413-415. https://doi.org/10.2307/2035178
- J. Dixmier, Etude sur les varietes et les operateurs de Julia, avec quelques applications, Bull. Soc. Math. France 77 (1949), 11-101.
- P. A. Fillmore and J. P. Williams, On operator ranges, Advances in Math. 7 (1971), 254-281. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-8708(71)80006-3
- A. Gherbi, B. Messirdi, and M. Benharrat, Quotient operators: new generation of linear operators, Funct. Anal. Approx. Comput. 7 (2015), no. 1, 85-93.
- G. Hirasawa, Quotients of bounded operators and Kaufman's theorem, Math. J. Toyama Univ. 18 (1995), 215-224.
- G. Hirasawa, A symmetric operator and its Kaufman's representation, Period. Math. Hungar. 49 (2004), no. 1, 43-47. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:MAHU.0000040538.77157.56
- G. Hirasawa, A topology for semiclosed operators in a Hilbert space, Acta Sci. Math. (Szeged) 73 (2007), no. 1-2, 271-282.
- G. Hirasawa, A metric for unbounded linear operators in a Hilbert space, Integral Equations Operator Theory 70 (2011), no. 3, 363-378. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00020-010-1851-2
- S. Izumino, Quotients of bounded operators, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 106 (1989), no. 2, 427-435. https://doi.org/10.2307/2048823
- S. Izumino, Decomposition of quotients of bounded operators with respect to closability and Lebesgue-type decomposition of positive operators, Hokkaido Math. J. 18 (1989), no. 2, 199-209. https://doi.org/10.14492/hokmj/1381517757
- S. Izumino, Quotients of bounded operators and their weak adjoints, J. Operator Theory 29 (1993), no. 1, 83-96.
- S. Izumino and G. Hirasawa, Positive symmetric quotients and their selfadjoint extensions, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 129 (2001), no. 10, 2987-2995. https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-01-05958-5
- T. Kato, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators, Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., New York, 1966.
- W. E. Kaufman, Representing a closed operator as a quotient of continuous operators, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 72 (1978), no. 3, 531-534. https://doi.org/10.2307/2042466
- W. E. Kaufman, Semiclosed operators in Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 76 (1979), no. 1, 67-73. https://doi.org/10.2307/2042919
- W. E. Kaufman, Closed operators and pure contractions in Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 87 (1983), no. 1, 83-87. https://doi.org/10.2307/2044357
- W. E. Kaufman, A stronger metric for closed operators in Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 90 (1984), no. 1, 83-87. https://doi.org/10.2307/2044673
- F. Kittaneh, On some equivalent metrics for bounded operators on Hilbert space, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 110 (1990), no. 3, 789-798. https://doi.org/10.2307/2047922
- J. J. Koliha, On Kaufman's theorem, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 411 (2014), no. 2, 688-692. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2013.10.028