- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Survey on Patient's Experience on Health Care Utilization and Perception of Health Care System for Developing of a Korean Medicine Clinical Practice Guideline for Traffic Injuries
교통사고상해증후군 한의표준임상진료지침 개발을 위한 환자의 의료이용 경험과 의료체계 인식도 설문조사 연구
- Park, Sun-Young (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyun (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital) ;
- Heo, In (The 3rd Division of Clinical Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Hwang, Man-Suk (The 3rd Division of Clinical Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Koh-Woon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Cho, Jae-Heung (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Park, Kyoung Sun (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Ha, In Hyuk (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University Korean Medicine Hospital)
- 박선영 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 이상현 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과) ;
- 허인 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 임상의학 3부) ;
- 황만석 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 임상의학 3부) ;
- 김고운 (경희대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 조재흥 (경희대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 박경선 (자생의료재단 척추관절연구소) ;
- 하인혁 (자생의료재단 척추관절연구소) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2020.03.17
- Accepted : 2020.03.30
- Published : 2020.04.30
Objectives To explore the traffic injury patients' experience on health care utilization of Korean Medicine (KM) practice and perception of health care system for developing a Korean medicine clinical practice guideline (CPG) of traffic injuries by survey method. Methods Two hundred ten patients in suffering from traffic injuries were surveyed from September 1st, 2019 to January 31th, 2020 at 2 University Hospitals (Pusan National Korean Medicine Hospital and Kyung Hee Korean Medicine Hospital at Gangdong) and 1 Spine Specialty Hospital (Jaseng Hospital of Korean Medicine). A structured questionnaire of experience on health care utilization of KM practice and perception of health care system of was distributed to responders by visits and all data were statistically analysed. Results Survey results showed high satisfaction of patients with the experience of KM treatments in order of daoyin exercise (7.8±2.3), chuna manual therapy (7.7±4.0), pharmacoacupuncture (7.4±3.0) etc. Safety concerns were reported in 9.1% subjects and 205 (97.6%) patients answered that collaboration with KM and western medicine is necessary for patients with traffic injuries. For the patients' requirement for extending insurance coverage, the most required therapy was chuna manual therapy (57.5%) and pharmacoacupuncture (42.0%). Conclusions This study presented the realistic patient-centered perception of KM practice and health care system in Korea. These results will provide basic data to be reflected in the process of adaptation for the revision of Korean Medicine CPG for traffic injuries.
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. 2018 automobile insurance medical expense statistic. Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. 2019:6.
- Automobile Insurance Medical Expense Statistics [Internet] 2017 [cited 2020 Mar 25]. Available from: https://opendata.hira.or.kr/op/opc/selectAdscDamtStcSvcInfo.do.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 4th ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2015:236-9.
- Kim SJ, Kang JH, Park JW, Hong SY, Heo DS, Yoon IJ, Oh MS. The characteristics of traffic accident admission patients in oriental medicine hospital. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2007;10(2):133-7.
- Park JO, Jung H, Heo DS. Clinical study of the effects of gwibi-tang and danggwisusan on traffic accident patients with acute cervicolumbar disorder. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2015;25(3):81-90.
- National Clearinghouse for Korean Medicine [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2020 Mar 10]. Available from: http://www.nckm.or.kr/.
- Shin HR, Park KT, Yang MH, Kim YB, Yeom SR, Kwon YD. A survey on satisfaction for Korean medicine treatments in 237 traffic injury patients. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(3):67-78.
- Cho SW. Survey on expectation of Korean medicine treatment in 39 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(3):187-99.
- Armstrong MJ, Mullins CD, Gronseth GS, Gagliardi AR. Impact of patient involvement on clinical practice guideline development: a parallel group study. Implementation Science. 2018;13(1):55.
- Boivin A, Currie K, Fervers B, Gracia J, James M, Marshall C, Sakala C, Sanger S, Strid J, Thomas V, Weijden T, Grol R, Burgers J. Patient and public involvement in clinical guidelines: international experiences and future perspectives. Quality and Safety in Health Care. 2010;19:e22.
- Park IH, Hwang EH, Hwang MS, Heo I, Kim BJ, Shin BC. A web-based survey on clinical practice patterns of Korean medicine treatment for traffic injuries. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(4):131-45.
- Lim KT, Hwang EH, Hwang MS, Park IH, Park SY, Shin BC. A survey on Korean medicine treatment for traffic injuries: a second on-line in-depth survey. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(4):89-101.
- Traffic Accident Analysis System. Comparison of traffic accidents [Internet] 2016-2018 [cited 2020 Mar 11]. Available from: http://taas.koroad.or.kr/sta/acs/exs/typical.do?menuId=WEB_KMP_OVT_UAS_ASA.
- Bae KJ, Jeong JW, Song MY, Choi JB, Kim ST, Kwon MG, Sul JU, Na SY, Kim SJ. Survey on satisfaction of Korean medicine treatment in 103 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2016;25(3):65-79.
- Ji SM, Kim SY, Sheen SS, Heo DS, Kim NS. Consensus on definition and quality standard of clinical practice guideline using RAND method. Health Policy and Management. 2010;20(2):1-16.
- Choi JA, Choi TY, Lee JA, Yun KJ, Lim HJ, Lee MS. Perceptions on developing clinical practice guidelines for traditional medicine in Korea: results of a web-based survey. Eur J Integr Med. 2014;6(2):156-63.
- Chiang SY, Park JW, Shin HG, Shin JH, Lee SY, Koh YJ, Youn HJ, Ryu HS, Sul JU. Survey on satisfaction of Korean medicine treatment in 131 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Acupunct Moxib Soc. 2012;29(3):67-79.
- Kahan BC, Rehal S, Cro S. Risk of selection bias in randomised trials. Trials. 2015;16:405-11.