- Volume 56 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Risk awareness survey of fisher on stow net fishing vessel using a questionnaire
설문을 통한 안강망어선에 승선하는 선원의 위험인식 조사
- HYUN, Yun-Ki (Fisheries Policy Office, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries) ;
- KIM, Hyung-seok (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University) ;
- LEE, Yoo-Won (Training ship, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2020.04.07
- Accepted : 2020.05.19
- Published : 2020.05.31
The questionnaire survey was carried out to collect basic data to identify the cause of the risk that did not appear in the current data provided by the fishermen's occupational accidents of the National Federation of Fisheries Cooperative (NFFC) to the onsite specialist, such as a fishing master, chief engineer and fisher in stow net fishing vessel from June to July 2018. The results are as follows. A total of 134 cases were surveyed, including 53 cases in Yeosu, 44 cases in Mokpo, 30 cases in Boryeong and 7 cases in Gunsan. Approximately 60% of the respondents on board the stow net fishing vessel were more than 20 years old, and the boarding experience was seasoned and suitable for the respondents. In the 4M analysis by safety accident factor during fishing work, the mechanical factors included 51 cases (25.0%) of decrepit equipment or poor maintenance and 49 cases (24.0%) of systemic error of fishing equipment. The environmental factors exhibited 71 cases (33.5%) of poor communication by mixed manning of foreign fishermen and 63 cases (29.7%) of poor environment such as heavy weather etc. The human factors showed 78 cases (37.3%) of personnel's carelessness and 45 cases (21.5%) of unskillfulness of operating net and haulers. The management factors exhibited 59 cases (32.1%) of work practice of poor safety precautions and 56 cases (30.4%) of inadequacy of education on hazard factor. The results are expected to contribute to the creation of a safe operating environment for stow net fishery, such as a fisher boarding a stow net fishing vessel, enabling the analysis of major causes of working safety accidents by cause.
- Choi JI, Kim HS, Lee CW, Oh TY, Seo YI, Lee YW and Ryu KJ. 2019. A study on the risk factors of the fishermen's in offshore large powered purse seine fishery using the accident compensation insurance proceeds payment data of NFFC. J Kor Soc Fish Ocean Technol 55, 82-93. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2019.55.1.082.
- Kim WS, Cho YB, Kim SJ, Ryu KJ and Lee YW. 2014. A basic research on risk control measure for reducing the fisherman's occupational accidents in offshore and coastal fishing vessel. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 50, 614-622. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.614.
- Lee YW, Cho YB, Kim SK, Kim SJ, Park TG, Ryu KJ and Kim WS. 2015a. Hazard assessment for the fishermen's safety in offshore large powered purse seiner using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC in 2013. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 51, 188-194. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT. 2015.51.2.188.
- Lee YW, Cho YB, Kim SK, Kim SJ, Park TG, Ryu KJ and Kim WS. 2015b. Hazard factors assessment for the fishermen‘s safety on the vessel of offshore stow nets on anchor using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 27, 1129-1135. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.4.1129.
- Lee YW, Cho YB, Kim WS, Kim SJ, Park TG, Park TS, Kim HS and Ryu KJ. 2016. Hazard analysis for the fishermen's safety in offshore trawler using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC. J Kor Soc Fish Technol 52, 241-247. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.3.241.
- National Institute of Fisheries Science (NIFS). 2019. Development of high-risk industry safety guidelines based on survey of actual conditions of fishery accident. Report of NFRDI. 1-175.