- Volume 21 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Accident Prevention and Safety Management System for a Children School Bus
어린이 통학버스 사고 방지 및 안전 관리 시스템
- Kim, Hyeonju (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Lee, Seungmin (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Ham, Sojeong (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Kim, Sunhee (Department of System Semiconductor Engineering, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2020.04.13
- Accepted : 2020.07.03
- Published : 2020.07.31
As the use of children's school buses increases, accidents caused by the negligence of school bus drivers and ride carers have also increased significantly. To prevent such accidents, the government is coming up with various policies. We propose an accident prevention and safety management system for children's school buses. Through this system, bus drivers can easily check whether each child is seated and whether the seat belt is used, so it is possible to quickly respond to children's conditions while driving. With the ability to recognize faces by analyzing camera images, children can use a seat belt that is automatically adjusted to their height. It is therefore possible to prevent secondary injuries that may occur in the event of a traffic accident. In addition, a sleeping child-check system is provided to confirm that all children get off the bus, and a text service is provided to inform parents of their children's locations in real time. Based on Raspberry Pi, the system is implemented with cameras, pressure sensors, motors, Bluetooth modules, and so on. This proposed system was attached to a bus model to confirm that the series of functions work correctly.
- B. G. Kim, The number of traffic accidents involving children in school zones and school buses in school zones has increased rapidly [cited 2018 Oct. 10], Available From: https://blog.naver.com/bgkim/221368627581 (accessed Apr. 12, 2020)
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority, Warning notice of neglect in children's cars [cited 2019. Aug. 14], Available From: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=23542735&memberNo=652228 (accessed May. 10, 2020)
- Results of wearing seat belts on highways and the effect of wearing them, Auto Safety News, Samsungfire, 2018. no.18 [cited 2020 Sept. 27], Available From: http://sts.samsungfire.com/information/regulations/asn/asn_201827_18/asn_issue2.html (accessed May 10, 2020)
- C. H. Park, Design and Implementation of In-Vehicle Safety Belt Monitoring System Based on Internet of Things Using Mesh Network, Master's thesis, Kumoh National Institute of Technology. Korea. 2017
- Responsible for the management of lifelong education institutes, Revisions to laws related to the operation of children's school vehicles, Department of Lifelong Education and Health, Korea, [cited 2018 Dec. 24], Available From: http://bbedu.sen.go.kr/CMS/adminfo/adminfo03/adminfo0301/1291972_4973.html (accessed Apr. 12, 2020)
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority, [TS YOUNG] Shall we learn about 'Sleeping Child Check' for children? [cited 2018 Nov. 30], Available From: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17216068&memberNo=652228&vType=VERTICAL (accessed Apr. 12, 2020)
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority, Very dangerous when wearing a normal adult seat belt without a child car seat [cited 2020 Feb. 27], Available From: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27604915&memberNo=652228 (accessed May 10, 2020)
- L. Y, Lee, W. J, Lee, "Situation and Problems of Transportation Safety at Child Care Centers in terms of Children's Right to Survival and Development", Journal of Children & Rights, Vol.8, No.3, pp.481-500, 2004.
- J. S. Kim, Design of School Bus Safety Management System with Real-Time Location Information, Master's thesis, Hanbat National University, Daejeon, Korea, 2019.
- The Road Traffic Act, Enforcement 2020. March 25, Act No. 16830, Dec. 24, 2019. partially amended
- The Infant Care Act, Enforcement 2020. March. 24, Act No. 17091, March 24, 2020. Revision of Other Laws.
- Stump-based 20x20 gentle adaboost frontal face detector [cited 2013 Dec. 19], Available From: https://github.com/opencv/opencv/blob/master/data/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_default.xml (accessed Apr. 12, 2020)
- Stump-based 20x20 frontal eye detector [cited 2013 Dec. 19], Available From: https://github.com/opencv/opencv/blob/master/data/haarcascades/haarcascade_eye.xml (accessed May 10, 2020)