- Volume 56 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An economic feasibility analysis of the reduction of accident at fishing operation in stow net fishery
안강망어업 작업 중 안전사고 저감의 경제적 효과 분석
- KIM, Do-Hoon (Department of Marine Business & Economics, Pukyong National University) ;
- YI, Ju-Hyun (Department of Marine Business & Economics, Pukyong National University) ;
- LEE, Yoo-Won (Training ship, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2020.06.15
- Accepted : 2020.08.18
- Published : 2020.08.31
This study aimed to analyze the economic feasibility of the reduction of working safety accidents in stow net fishery through the prevention education to fishing crews. The benefit was evaluated by estimating insurance payment amount that was reduced through prevention education. The decreasing rate of working safety accidents was presumed to follow the experience in Japan. The cost was assumed as the cost of textbook development. Results indicated that IRR was estimated to be 79.9% in case of scenario assuming no additional operating costs while IRR was 56.3% in case of scenario assuming 10% additional operating costs. In addition, the economic feasibility would be secured when annual operating costs increased to 274 million won according to the result of sensitivity analysis.
- Bora B. 2015. Comparison between net present value and internal rate of return. International Journal of Research in Finance and Marketing 4, 61-71.
- Engle CR. 2010. Aquaculture economics and financing: Management and analysis. Wiley India, New Delhi. 1-260.
- Hyun YK, Kim HS and Lee YW. 2020a. Risk evaluation of fisher's safety on stow net fishing vessel. J Korean Soc Fish Ocean Technol 56, 138-146. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2020.56.2.136.
- Hyun YK, Kim HS and Lee YW. 2020b. Risk awareness survey of fish on stow net fishing vessel using a questionnaire. J Korean Soc Fish Ocean Technol 56, 147-154. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2020.56.2.147.
- Kim WS, Hyun YK and Lee YW. 2020. Risk factors of fisher on stow net fishing vessel using analysis of adjudication. J Korean Soc Fish Ocean Technol 56, 155-162. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2020.56.2.155.
- Korea Institute of Science & Technology Evaluation and Planning (KISTEP). 2016. Guidelines for preliminary feasibility study on R&D project. Report of KISTEP. 1-397.
- Lee YW, Cho YB, Kim SK, Kim SJ, Park TG, Ryu KJ and Kim WS. 2015. Hazard factors assessment for the fishermen's safety on the vessel of offshore stow nets on anchor using insurance proceeds payment of NFFC. J Fish Mar Sci Edu 27, 1129-1135. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.4.1129.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT). 2019. No. 11th Basic plan for seafarer accident prevention. http://www.mlit.go.jp/maritime/maritime _tk4_000006.html. Accessed 12 Nov 2019.
- Ministry of Strategy and Finance. 2019. Guidelines for the preliminary feasibility analysis. 1-14.
- Ryu KJ, Park TG, Kim SK and Park MG. 2020. Research for fishermen's safe operation training analysis and preparation of improvement plan. Report of National Federation of Fisheries Cooperatives (NFFC). 1-172.
- White JA, Grasman KS, Case KE, Needy KL and Pratt DB. 2014. Fundamentals of engineering economic analysis. Wiley, Danver. 1-603.