- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Satisfaction Analysis of On-board Training in Shipping Companies: Impacts on Company Improvement Plans
위탁승선실습 만족도 분석을 통한 개선 방안 연구
- Kim, Jin-Seon (PIC of onboard training in Sea Training Center of Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, Joo-Hye (Graduate School of Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Kim, Yul-Seong (Logistics System Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2020.10.13
- Accepted : 2020.12.28
- Published : 2021.02.28
The purpose of this study was to explore the regulations and operational problems of on-board training, and to investigate and analyze the satisfaction level of consignment on-board training among students who completed their training at Korea Maritime & Ocean University. In terms of satisfaction differences by gender, female students generally had a higher relative satisfaction level than male students. The different types of satisfaction in the navigation and engineering categories, the overall practical effect and satisfaction level of the training records shows that the satisfaction level of the trainee is much lower than that of the trainee, so relevant educational institutions and shipping companies need to take measures to improve the satisfaction level of this part. The most important part of the comprehensive company evaluation completed by trainees asked whether they thought the training was equivalent in labor to the employees. Results suggest shipping companies must make a clear distinction between employees and trainees, while establishing relevant internal procedures so that the on-board training process can be carried out in accordance with the purpose of the on-board training consignment.
- Choi, S. S.(2015), "A Study on the effective strategy of Hos to activate Field Training Internships: Focused on LINC Business of A University in Chung Cheng Region", Korean Review of corporation Management, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 151-175.
- Cho, G. H. and Kim, S. K.(1998), "The Empirical Study on the Satisfaction of Shipboard Training for Marine Engineering Part Cadets : The case of Korea Maritime University), The Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 146-173.
- DIMAILIG Orlando S. and Kim, H. R.(2018), "A Study on Foreign Students' Living and Training Conditions in the Training Ships". The Korean Society of Marine Environment and safety, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 377-387.
- Jang, H. E.(2017), "The Current Status of Co-operative Education Programs in Korean Universities and It's Implications for the Government Policy", Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 493-500. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.493
- Kim, H. Y.(2017), "Analysis of Satisfaction on Onboard Training by Training Ship for Improvement of Maritime Safety-Focusing on the Cadets of Mokpo Maritime University", Crisisonomy, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 31-140.
- Lee, M. G.(2011), "A Study for the Effective Industry Field Training Management", The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers. Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 33-39.
- Lim, M. H. and Shin. H. S.(2015), "A Basic Study on the Satisfaction of On-board Training for Cadets in Shipping Company", The Joulnal of Fisherires and Marine Sciences Education, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 604-605.
- Lim, M. H. and Shin. H. S.(2018), "A Basic Study on the Stress of On-board Training for Cadets in Shipping Company", The Joulnal of Fisherires and Marine Sciences Education, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 2231-2239. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.12.30.6.2231
- You, K. J. and Choi, Y. H.(2013), "The Study on the Value Percaption of Internship Practice and Satisfaction Influences on Deciding on a Career for Employment-With Emphasis on Tourism Related Departments Students of University", Journal of Tourism Studies, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 27-55.