- Volume 30 Issue 6
This study was to investigate the suitability of six domestic wheat cultivars for the Korean-style steamed bread made under optimal conditions. Six wheat flours milled from cultivars of Greu, Kumgang, Eunpa, Taptong Kobun, and Allgreu contained 13.8, 13.7, 13.7, 13.0, 11.7, 11.0% of protein. Control bread was made from blend (protein 10.5%) of 50% high strength and 50% low strength wheat flours milled from imported wheats. The volume of steamed bread made from Kumgang was highest followed by Eunpa, Tapdong, Kobun, Greu, control bread, Allgreu. Especially, the bread qualities of Kumgand and Kobun were superior to the control bread, showing better surface characteristics such as smoothness, glossiness, and whiteness, better shapes and desirable texture. Domestic wheat flours, having medium strength with high protein content above 13.0% were suitable for steamed bread except for Greu. Volumes of steamed bread made from domestic wheat flours were correlated with protein and ash content, flour color (L value), farinograph dough development time and stability, whereas spread ratio, total bread score and overall acceptability were correlated with farinograph dough stability It is concluded that flour quality is more important factor than protein content when domestic wheat flours are chosen for Korean-style steamed bread
- Cereal Chem. v.69 Steamed bread. IV. Negative steamer spring of strong flours Rubenthaler. G.L.;Pomeranz. Y.;Huang. M.L.
- Cereal Chem. v.67 Steamed bread. 1. Chinese steamed bread formulation and interactions Rubenthaler. G.L.;Huang. G.L.;Pomeranz. Y.
- Cereal Chem. v.68 Steamed bread. II. Role of protein content and stregth Addo. K.;Pomeranz. Y.;Huang. M.L.;Rubenthaler. G.L.
- Proc 6th Int. Wheat Genetics Symp. Laboratory method for producing Chinese steamed bread and effects of formula, steaming and storage on bread starch gelatinization and freshness Faridi. H.A.;Rubenthaler. G.L.
- J. sci. food Agric. v.53 Suitability of various Australian wheats for Chinese style steamed bread. Lin. Z.J.;Miskelly. D.M.;Moss. H.J.
- J. Cereal Sci. v.24 Establishment of flour quality guidenline for northern style Chinese steamed bread Huang. S.;Yun. S.H.;Quail. K.;Moss. R.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.30 Commercial wheat flour quality and bread making conditions for Korean style steamed bread Kim. C.S.;Hwan. C.M.;Kim. H.I.;Han. J.H.
- Statistics of cereal production National Statistical Office Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Approved Method of the AACC (8th ed.) AACC
- Official Methods Analysis (16th ed.) v.2 AOAC
- Baking Science and Technology (3rd ed.) v.II Physical and Chemical Test Methods Pyler. E.J.
- Methods & Application of Sensory Evaluation Kim. K.O.;Kim. S.S.;Sung. N.K.;Lee. Y.C.
- Statistics and Data Analysis Method Lee. K.H.;Park. H.C.;Her. E.S.
- Chemistry and Technology (3rd ed.) v.II Criteria of flour quality. In Wheat Mailhot. W.C.;Patton. J.C.
- Baking Science and Technology (3rd ed.) v.I Wheat and wheat flour Pyler. E.J.
- 소맥품질 검정방법 최현옥;함영수;조장환
- 소맥과 제분공업 김희갑;김성곤
- Cereal Foods World v.36 Origin of color in vital wheat gluten Kim. W.;Seib. P.A.;Chung. O.K.
- Cereal Chem. v.67 Milling, rheological, and end use quality of Chinese and Canadian spring wheat cultivars Lukow. O.M.;Zhang.H.;Czarnecki.E.