- Volume 4 Issue 1 Serial No. 12
Infiltration of rainfall causes railway embankment to be unstable and may result in failure. Basic relationship between the rainfall and stability of railway embankment is defined to analyze the stability of embankment by rainfall. An experimental study for defining of infiltration rate of rainfall into slope is conducted in the lab. The results of Rainfall Infiltration show that rainfall Infiltration is not equal to infiltration as like reservoir because rate of rainfall infiltration is controlled by slope angle. Based on these results, boundary condition of rainfall is altered and various numerical analysis are performed. The variation of shear strength, the degree of saturation and pore-water pressure for railway slope during rainfall can be predicted and the safety factor of railway slope can be expressed as the function of rainfall amount, namely rainfall index. Therefore, it is judged that this rainfall index can be a good tool for the rail-transport operation control.
- 신민호 외 (2003) 철도시설물안정성강화기술개발, 건교부, 건설교통기술학신사업 4차년도 보고서
- Brook, R. H. and A.T. Corey(1964) Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media. Hydrology Papers, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Childs, E. C. (1940) The use of soil moisture characteristics in soil studies. Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 50, pp. 239-252
- Fredlund, D. G. and A. Xing(1994) Equations for the Soil-Water Characteristics Curve. Can. Geotech. J., Vol. 31, pp. 521-532
- Fredlund, D. G., A Xing, and S. Huang (1994) Predicting the Permeability Function for Unsaturated Soils using the SWCC. Can. Geotech. J., Vol. 31, pp. 533-546