- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Synthesis of Cocoa Butter Alternative from Coconut Oil Fraction and Palm Oil Fractions by Lipase-Catalyzed Interesterification
Coconut Oil 분별유와 Palm 분별유로부터 효소적 Interesterification에 의한 코코아 버터 대체유지 합성
- Bae, Sang-Kyun (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Su (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Teak (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.05.14
- Accepted : 2010.10.04
- Published : 2010.10.31
Structured lipid (SL) for cocoa butter alternative was synthesized by interesterification of coconut oil fraction and palm stearin (6:4 and 8:2, by weight) in a shaking water bath at
- Segall SD, Artz WE. 2005. Analysis of triacylglycerol isomers in Malaysian cocoa butter using HPLC-mass spectrometry. Food Res Int 38: 167-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2004.09.008
- Ciftci ON, Fadiloglu S. 2009. Conversion of olive pomace oil to cocoa butter-like fat in a packed-bed enzyme reactor. Bioresour Technol 100: 324-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2008.05.035
- Afoakwa EO, Paterson A. 2007. Factors influencing rheological and textural qualities in chocolate-a review. Trends Food Sci & Technol 18: 290-298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tifs.2007.02.002
- Liu KJ, Chang KM. 2007. Enzymatic synthesis of cocoa butter analog through interesterification of lard and tristearin in supercritical carbon dioxide by lipase. Food Chem 100: 1303-1311. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.12.010
- Abigor RD, Marmer WN. 2003. Production of cocoa butter-like fats by lipase-catalyzed interesterification of palm oil and hydrogenated soybean oil. J Am Oil Chem Soc 80: 1193-1196. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-003-0841-7
- Shin JA, Bae SK, Lee KT. 2010. Change of solid fat index during interesterification of hydrogenated coconut oil. J Agric Sci Chungnam National University 37: 69-72.
- Christie WW. 1987. High-performance liquid chromatography and lipids. Pergamon Press, NY, USA. USDA. 169-185.
- Lee KT, Foglia TA. 2001. Fractionation of menhaden oil and partially hydrogenated menhaden oil; characterization of triacylglycerol fractions. J Am Oil Chem Soc 78: 297-303. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-001-0260-9
- KFDA. 2009. Department of food standardization, labeling of trans fats. Korea Food & Drug Administration, Seoul, Korea.
- Shin JA, Akoh CC, Lee KT. 2009. Production and physicochemical properties of functional-butterfat through enzymatic interesterification in a continuous reactor. J Agric Food Chem 57: 888-900. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf802678a
- AOCS. 1990. Official method and Recommended Practices of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. 4th ed. American Oil Chemists’ Society, Champaign, IL, USA. Cc 3-25.
- Vaeck SV. 1960. Cocoa butter and fat bloom. Manufacturing Confectioner 40: 35-46,71-74.
- Lonchampt P, Hartel RW. 2004. Fat bloom in chocolate and compound coatings. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 106: 241-274. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejlt.200400938
- Malssen KV, Peschar R. 1996. Real-time X-ray powder diffraction investigations on cocoa butter. I. Temperature-dependent crystallization behavior. J Am Oil Chem Soc 73: 1209-1215. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02525448
- Langevelde AV, Malssen KV. 2001. Effect of temperature on recrystallization behavior of cocoa butter. J Am Oil Chem Soc 78: 919-925. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-001-0364-2