- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Binary Nonlinear Joint Transform Correlator with Sinusoidal Iterative Filter in Spectrum Domain
- Jeong, Man-Ho (Department of Laser &Optical Information Engineering, Cheongju University)
- Received : 2010.05.06
- Accepted : 2010.11.15
- Published : 2010.12.25
The joint transform correlator (JTC) has been the best known technique for pattern recognition and identification. This paper proposes a new technique of fringe adjustment by adopting a sinusoidal amplitude-modulated iterative filter convolved with an interference fringe pattern in the joint power spectrum (JPS) domain. The comparison of our new technique and other techniques is presented to show that the newly proposed technique can successfully improve both the correlation peaks and the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR). Simulated results of enhanced interference fringes are also presented.
- P. D. Gianino and J. L. Horner, “Phase-only matched filtering,” Appl. Opt. 23, 812-816 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.23.000812
- G. G. Mu, X. M. Wang, and Z. Q. Wang, “Amplitudecompensated matched filtering,” Appl. Opt. 27, 3461-3463 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.27.003461
- C. J. Weaver and J. W. Goodman, “A technique for optically convolving two functions,” Appl. Opt. 5, 1248-1249 (1966). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.5.001248
- J. W. Goodman, Introduction to Fourier Optics, 2nd ed. (McGraw-Hill, New York, USA, 1996).
- H. C. Lee and R. E. Gaensslen, Advances in Finger-print Technology (Elsevier, New York, USA, 1991).
- A. Jain, L. Hong, and R. Bolle, “On-line fingerprint verification,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intell. 19, 302-314 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1109/34.587996
- M. S. Alam, A. A. S. Awwal, and M. A. Karim, “Improved correlation discrimination using joint Fourier transform optical correlator,” Microwave & Opt. Technol. Lett. 4, 103-106 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.4650040305
- B. Javidi, J. Li, A. H. Fazollahi, and J. Horner, “Binary nonlinear joint transform correlator performance with different thresholding methods under unknown illumination conditions,” Appl. Opt. 34, 886-890 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.34.000886
- M. H. Jeong, “New random and additional phase adjustment of joint transform correlator,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 14, 90-96 (2010). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2010.14.2.090
- M. H. Jeong, “Analysis of fingerprint recognition characteristics based on new CGH direct comparison method and nonlinear joint transform correlator,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 13, 445-450 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2009.13.4.445
- G. Urcid-S., A. Padilla-V., A. Cornejo-R., and J. Ba´ez-R., “Analysis of the joint Fourier spectrum for dual input single channel rotation,” Proc. SPIE 4419, 620-623 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.437097
- M. S. Alam, X. W Chen, and M. A. Karim, “Distortioninvariant fringe-adjusted joint transform correlation,” Appl. Opt. 36, 7422-7427 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.36.007422
- X. W. Chen, M. A. Karim, and M. S. Alam, “Distortion invariant fractional power fringe adjusted joint transform correlation,” Opt. Eng. 37, 138-143 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.601840
- A. Bal, A. M. El-Sada, and M. S. Alam, “Improved fingerfrint identification with supervised filtering enhancement,” Appl. Opt. 44, 647-654 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.44.000647
- M. H. Jeong, “New iterative filter for fringe adjustment of joint transform correlator,” J. Opt. Soc. Korea 14, 33-37 (2010). https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2010.14.1.033
- B. Javidi, “Nonlinear joint power spectrum based optical correlators,” Appl. Opt. 28, 2358-2367 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.28.002358
- T. M. Hagan, H. B. Demuth, and M. Beale, Neural Networks Design (PWS-Kent, Boston, USA, 1995).
- Coded Single Input Channel for Color Pattern Recognition in Joint Transform Correlator vol.15, pp.4, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2011.15.4.335
- Color Pattern Recognition with Recombined Single Input Channel Joint Transform Correlator vol.15, pp.2, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3807/JOSK.2011.15.2.140