- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Horse Gait and Riding Aids for Horseback Riding Robot Simulator HRB-1
승마 로봇 시뮬레이터 HRB-1을 위한 말의 보행 및 부조의 구현
- Park, Yong-Sik (Pohang Institute of Intelligent Robotics) ;
- Seo, Kap-Ho (Pohang Institute of Intelligent Robotics) ;
- Oh, Seung-Sub (Pohang Institute of Intelligent Robotics) ;
- Park, Sung-Ho (Pohang Institute of Intelligent Robotics) ;
- Suh, Jin-Ho (Pohang Institute of Intelligent Robotics)
- Received : 2011.11.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.20
- Published : 2012.03.01
Horse riding is widely recognized as a valuable form of education, exercise and therapy. But, the injuries observed in horse riding range from very minor injuries to fatalities. In order to reduce these injuries, the effective horseback riding simulator is required. In this paper, we proposed the implementation method of horse gait and riding aids for horseback riding robot simulator HRB-1. For implementation of horse gait to robot simulator, we gathered and modified real motion data of horse. We obtained two main frequencies of each gait by frequency analysis, and then simple sinusoidal functions are acquired by genetic algorithm. In addition, we developed riding aids system including hands, leg, and seat aids. With the help of a developed robotic system, beginners can learn the skill of real horse riding without the risk of injury.
Grant : 광역경제권 선도산업 육성사업
Supported by : 지식경제부
- J.-S. Kim, M.-S. Lim, and J. Lim, "Development of motion mechanisms for health-care riding robots," Proc. of 2008 KIEE Summer Annual Conference, pp. 1735-1736, 2008.
- M. Lim and J. Lim, "Development of riding robot system and body state index for healthcare service," The Journal of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 327-333, 2009.
- K.-H. Seo, Y. Park, S. Oh, J. W. Park, S. H. Park, S. Y. Ha, D. W. Kim, and S. H. Lee, "Development of horseback riding robot simulator (HRB-1)," Proc. of 2011 International Symposium on Embedded Technology, CD-ROM, May 2011.
- J. J. Robilliard, T. Pfau, and A. M. Wilson, "Gait characterization and classification in horses," The Journal of Experimental Biology, 210, pp. 187-197, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1242/jeb.02611
- S. E. Harris, Gaits, Balance and Movement, Howell Book House, New York, 1993.
- Racewood, http://www.racewood.com
- JOBA, http://www.panasonic.hk/ha/english/list_33.aspx
- Riding aids, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riding_aids.
- Horse gait, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_gait
- A new robotic horseback-riding simulator for riding lessons and equine-assisted therapy vol.15, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/1729881418784433