- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Ultimate Strength Estimation of Ferritic Stainless Steel Single Shear Bolted Connections Fastened with Four Bolts
페라이트계 스테인리스강 2행 2열 일면전단 볼트접합부의 최대내력평가
- Kim, Ji Hun (Construction Team, Kumsung Baekjoe) ;
- Kim, Tae Soo (Department of Architectural Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Kang, Hyun Sik (Department of Architectural Engineering, GyeongNam National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2013.08.19
- Accepted : 2013.11.26
- Published : 2013.12.27
The purpose of this study is to investigate the ultimate strength and curling influence using finite element analysis based on the previous test results of ferritic stainless steel bolted connections. Results obtained from finite element analysis (FEA) were compared with those of test results and the validity of numerical modeling was verified. The conditions of curing occurrence for edge/end distance were investigated and ultimate strength reduction ratio caused by curling was estimated quantitatively. Moreover, the ultimate behaviors such as fracture mode and ultimate strength by FEA were compared with those predicted by current design specifications such as AISC, KBC2009, AIJ and AISI.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Johnson, A.L. and Winter, G. (1996) Behavior of stainless steel columns and beams, Journal Structural Division, ASCE, Vol. 92, No. 10, pp.97-118.
- American Iron and Steel Institute (1968). Specification for the design of light gage cold-formed stainless steel structural members, AISI.
- Kuwamura, H. and Isozaki, A. (2001) Experimental Report on Strength of Bolted Connections in Thinwalled Plates, Tokyo, Steel Structure Laboratory, The University of Tokyo (in Japanese).
- Kuwamura, H. and Isozaki, A. (2002) Ultimate Behavior of Fastener Connections of Thin Stainless Steel Plates, Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 556, pp.159-166 (in Japanese).
- Kim, T.S. and Kuwamura, H. (2007) Finite element modeling of volted connections in thin-walled stainless steel plates under static shear, Thin-Walled Structures, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp.407-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2007.03.006
- 이용택, 김태수, 정하영, 김승훈(2009) 평판두께와 연단 거리를 변수로 갖는 박판탄소강 볼트접합부의 종국거동에 관한 실험적 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제21권, 제5호, pp.527-536. Lee, Y.T., Kim, T.S., Jeong, H.Y., and Kim, S.H. (2009) An Experimental Study on Ultimate Behavior of Thin-walled Carbon Steel Bolted Connections with Varying Plate Thickness and End Distance, Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp.527-536 (in Korean).
- 김민성, 김태수, 김승훈, 이용택(2011) 오스테나이트계 스테인레스강(STS304) 앵글 볼트 접합부의 구조적 거동에 관한 실험적 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제23권, 제1호, pp.29-39. Kim, M.S., Kim, T.S., Kim, S.H., and Lee, Y.T. (2011) An Experimental Study on Structural Behavior of Bolted Angle Connections with Austenitic Stainless Steel, Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.29-39 (in Korean).
- 김태수, 김민성(2013) 페라이트계 스테인리스강(STS430) 이면전단 볼트접합부의 구조거동에 관한 실험적 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제25권, 제5호, pp. 463-474. Kim, T.S., and Kim, M.S. (2013) An Experimental Study on Structural Behaviors of Double Shear Bolted Connections Fabricated with Ferritic Stainless Steel (STS430), Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp.463-474 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2013.25.5.463
- 김민성, 김태수, 김승훈, 이용택(2010) 페라이트계 스테인레스강(STS430) 박판 볼트접합부의 종국거동에 관한 실험적 연구, 대한건축학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 대한건축학회, 제30권, 제1호, pp.141-142. KIM, M.S., KIM, T.S., KIM, S.H., and Lee, Y.T. (2010) An Experimental Study on Ultimate Behavior of Bolted Connections with Thin-walled Ferritic Stainless Steel, Proceedings of Annual Conference Architectural Institute of Korea, AIK Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 141-142 (in Korean).
- 김지훈, 이용택, 김승훈, 김태수(2012) 페라이트계 스테인레스강 볼트접합부의 연단거리에 대한 변수 해석, 대한건축학회 추계학술대회논문집, 대한건축학회, 제32권, 제2호, pp.459-460. KIM, J.H., Lee, Y.T., KIM, S.H., and KIM, T.S. (2012) Parametric Analysis on End/Edge distance of Ferritic stainless Bolted Connections, Proceedings of Annual Conference Architectural Institute of Korea, AIK Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.459-460 (in Korean).
- 대한건축학회 (2011) 건축구조기준 및 해설(KBC2009), 기문당, 2011. Architectural Institute of Korea (2011) Korean Building Code and Commentary (KBC2009), Kimoondang (in Korean).
- American Institute of Steel Construction. (2001) Manual of Steel Construction-Load and Resistance Factor Design, AISC, Chicago, IL, USA.
- American Institute of Steel Construction (2005) Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, AISC, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Architectural Institute of Japan (2002) Recommendation for Limit State Design of Steel Structures, AIJ, Tokyo, Japan.
- American Iron and Steel Institute (2007) North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members, AISI S100-07, Washington D.C., USA.
- Strength Estimation of Ferritic Stainless Steel Four-bolted Connections with Curling Influence according to Varied Plate Thickness and End Distance vol.32, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_SC.2016.32.6.19
- Strength of High Strength Aluminum Alloys Single Shear Bolted Connections with Two Bolts vol.30, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2018.30.2.087
- Experimental Study on Structural Behaviors of Duplex Stainless Steel(STS329FLD) Bolted Connections with Four Bolts vol.31, pp.1, 2019, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2019.31.1.013