- Volume 38 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Evacuation Behavior Characteristics of Trainees according to Experience Level on board a Training Ship
운항실습선 교육생의 승선 숙련도에 따른 피난행동특성 비교분석
- Hwang, Kwang-Il (Division of Mechanical and Energy Systems, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- Lee, Yun-Sok (Department of Ship Operation, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2014.05.12
- Accepted : 2014.06.16
- Published : 2014.06.30
With the increasing needs on various leisure activities, the users of passenger ships and cruisers have been increased year by year. Although over 15 accidents per year betide on domestic passenger ships for last decade, the researches on the safety of crews and guests on boards are difficult to find. This study performed the comparative analysis by experiments on the evacuation characteristics between experience levels on board a training ship. The followings are the results. From the seniors' experiments, it is found that more various evacuation scenarios have to develope and drill as a part of education contents. And from the freshmen's trials, the importances of the evacuation education and the roles of existing crews on evacuation guides are pointed out as to increase the safety of new crews and/or guests who are not accustomed to onboard a ship. On the other, it is explained that the communications between evacuees are worthy and useful, and also save more evacuation times. And on the viewpoint of evacuation methodology, it is clear that captain and evacuation-related crews have to control all the evacuation passages and evacuees of each passages to save more lives.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Cho, K. H., Lee, et al.,(2007), Training ship HANBADA, Korea Maritime University, pp. 15-25.
- Hwang, K. I.(2013), "An Experiment on Walking Speeds of Freshmen Unexperienced in Shipboard Life on a Passenger Ship", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 239-244. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2013.37.3.239
- KCTI(Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, 2012), "Study of standardization proposal of Cruise Statistics", Korea Tourism Organization, p. 29.
- Kim, H. T. et al.(2007), "Development of Collision Scenario-Based Evaluation System for the Cognitive Performance of Marine Officers", Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 423-427.
- KSA(Korea Shipping Association, 2013), "2013 Statistical Year book of Coastal Shipping", Korea Shipping Association, p. 6, p. 187.
- Lee, K. H(2007), Building Safety Planning, KUPress, pp. 105-135.
- RINA(The Royal Institution of Naval Architects, 2012), SAFEGUARD Passenger Evacuation Seminar.
- RINA(The Royal Institution of Naval Architects, 2014), International Conference Fire at Sea.
- Yim, J. B.(2009), "Implementation Techniques for the Seafarer's Human Error Assessment Model in a Merchant Ship: Practical Application to a Ship Management Company" Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 181-191. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2009.33.3.181
- A Study on Walking Characteristics of Novices at Onboard Environments under Blackout Conditions in a Training Ship vol.22, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.1.074
- A Comparison of the Trainees’ Evacuation Characteristics according to the Indoor Smoke-fullfill during the Safety Training on Ship vol.24, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.4.422