- Volume 39 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Compression Wear Tops for Men in Their Forties Based on Muscle Locations
인체 근육 위치에 기초한 40대 남성을 위한 컴프레션 웨어 상의 개발
- Lee, Junghwa (Dept. of Fashion Design, Baewha Women's University) ;
- Jun, Jungil (Dept. of Clothing, Graduate School, Gachon University) ;
- Choi, Kuengmi (Dept. of Fashion Design, Dong Seoul College)
- Received : 2014.09.29
- Accepted : 2014.12.24
- Published : 2015.04.30
This study presented functional designs for development of functional compression wear for men in their forties based on body muscles as well as designed 2D patterns using 3D standard body form data of men in their forties. Patterns with an optimal stretch rate were proposed through a comfort evaluation. Different material was used for different areas such as the sports ability strengthening areas including body parts that often move for sports (such as the shoulders, abdomen and lower arm), areas that require ventilation for perspiration (such as the chest and back center, and armpits), and stable form areas (such as the chest, waist and elbows). The front and back surface areas of the developed pattern was an average 102.4% size compared to the body surface area. The results indicated that the 90% reduction pattern showed changes in pressure value according to area of movement, had the best breathability when worn, and had the best, most comfortable fit compared to the other subjects. The clothing pressure values of the pattern were around 22.1-23.4mmHg for the arm area (which has a big movement range and has many muscles) and 10.4-11.8mmHg for chest and abdomen areas related to major organs and breathing, indicating appropriate clothing pressure. A compression wear top pattern with pressure appropriate to the target age range and excellent appropriateness for the body form will be developed for men in their forties. A study method will be proposed to develop design technology for ergonomic compression wear tops with excellent fit and comfort.
Grant : 3D 소비자 체형분석 및 Pop-up Fashion Store 개발
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- Choi, M. S. (2004). An exploratory research on pattern development of bicycle apparel for cyclists. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(5), 637-647.
- Choi, Y. R., Nam, Y. J., & Choi, K. M. (2006). Optimal matrix standardization for pattern flattening using grid method -Focused on young women's upper front shell-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(8), 1242-1252.
- Compression garment. (2014). Wikipedia. Retrieved December 15, 2014, from http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_garment
- Do, W. H. (2008). Analysis of body surface change from 3D scan data of men's upper bodies in twenties-Focus on application of motorcycle jacket pattern-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(4), 530-541. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.4.530
- Fitenbody & Dong Seoul College. (2009). 스포츠.캐주얼 의류제품 설계를 위한 남성용 의복설계용 바디 및 프로토타입 패턴 개발 (09-10) [Development of dummy for man's pattern making and prototype pattern for apparel pattern making of the sports and casual wear Industries (09-10)]. Sungnam: Industry-University Cooperation Project.
- Jeong, Y. H. (2006a). 2D pattern development of tight-fitting bodysuit from 3D body scan data for comfortable pressure sensation. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 15(3), 481-490.
- Jeong, Y. H. (2006b). Pattern development of tight-fitting pants for men using measurements of Size Korea 2004. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 15(5), 791-802.
- Jeong, Y. H., & Hong, K. H. (2006). Development of 2D tightfitting pattern from 3D scan data. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30(1), 157-166.
- Jeong, Y. H., Kim, S. H., & Yang, Y. M. (2010). Development of tight-fitting garments with a portable ECG monitor to Measure vital signs. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(1), 112-125. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.1.112
- Kim, N. Y. (2012). Engineering design of 3D compression suit based on the anatomical nature of moving body. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Kim, T. G., Park, S. J., Park, J. W., Suh, C. Y., & Choi, S. A. (2012). Technical design of tight upper sportswear based on 3D scanning technology and stretch property of knitted fabric. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 14(2), 277-285. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.2.277
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2010). 6차 Size Korea 직접측정 데이터 [The 6th Size Korea anthropometric data]. Seoul: Author.
- Lee, J. H., Choi, K. M., & Jun, J. I. (2014). An analysis of compression wear design and structural elements. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(3), 421-433. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.421
- Design of 3D compression upper wear based on skin deformation during arm abduction vol.24, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2015.24.5.687
- Market Survey and Motion Characteristics Research on Fitness Compression Wear to Improve Muscle Efficiency for the Elderly vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.3.343