The Journal of Korea Institute of Information, Electronics, and Communication Technology (한국정보전자통신기술학회논문지)
- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Texture Classification Based on Gabor-like Feature
유사 가버 특징에 기반한 텍스쳐 분류
- Son, Ji-Hoon (Department of Computer Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Sung-Young (Department of Computer Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.04.02
- Published : 2017.04.30
Efficient texture representation is very important in computer vision fields. The performance of texture classification or/and segmentation can be improved based on efficient texture representation. Gabor filter is a representation method that has long history for texture representation based on multi-scale analysis. Gabor filter shows good performance in texture classification and segmentation but requires much processing time. In this paper, we propose new texture representation method that is also based on multi-scale analysis. The proposed representation can provide similar performance in texture classification but can reduce processing time against Gabor filter. Experimental results show good performance of our method.
Supported by : Kumoh National Institute of Technology
- M. Petrou, P. G. Sevilla, "Dealing with Texture", Wiley, 2006.
- Ojala, T., Pietikainen, M.: A Comparative Study of Texture Measures with Classification based on Feature Distributions. Pattern Recognition, Vol. 29, pp. 51-59, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(95)00067-4
- Y. Zheng, C. Shen, and X. Huang, "Pedestrian Detection Using Center-Symmetric Local Binary Patterns," IEEE Int. Conf. Image Process., 2010.
- D.T. Nguyen et al., "Object Detection Using Non-Redundant Local Binary Patterns," IEEE Int. Conf. Image Process., 2010.
- N. Dalal and B. Triggs, "Histograms of Oriented Gradientes for Human Detection," IEEE Conf. Comput. Vision Pattern Recognit., 2005.
- H. Ren et al., "Fast Object Detection Using Boosted Co-occurrence Histograms of Oriented Gradients," IEEE Int. Conf. Image Process., 2010.
- X. Wang, T.X. Han, and S. Yan, "An HOG-LBP Human Detector with Partial Occlusion Handling," IEEE Int. Conf. Comput. Vision, 2009.
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Robust Real-time Face Detection," Int. J. Comput. Vision, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 137-154, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000013087.49260.fb
- B.B. Manjunath, W.Y. Ma, "Texture Features for Browsing and Retrieval of Image Data", IEEE. Trans. PAMI, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 837-842, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.531803
- S. Kim, J. Ko, H. Chung, "Steel Grade Classification Based on Gabor Filters and K-means Clustering", Advances in Information Technology and Computer Science, Vol. 25, pp. 54-57, 2013.
- Svetlana Lazebnik, Cordelia Schmid, and Jean Ponce, "A Sparse Texture Representation Using Local Affine Regions", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1265-1278, August 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2005.151