- Volume 35 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of Acupuncture or Moxibustion Contraindications in Taipingshenghuifang and Tongrenzhenjiujing
태평성혜방과 동인침구경의 침구금기혈에 대한 고찰
- Kwon, Sunoh (Division of Clinical Medicine, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Kim, Seungtae (Division of Meridian and Structural Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2018.02.28
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.03.27
Objectives : This research aimed to verify the validities of contraindicated acupoints in acupuncture or moxibustion treatments in Taipingshenghuifang and Tongrenzhenjiujing. Methods : We investigated contraindicated acupoints when performing needling or moxibustion in Taipingshenghuifang and Tongrenzhenjiujing, then verified them in various literatures and today's medical knowledge. Results : In Taipingshenghuifang and Tongrenzhenjiujing, 15 acupoints were described to need a careful approach in acupuncture treatment, and 24 acupoints were described so in moxibustion treatment in common. And additionally GB1 was described to need a careful moxibustion treatment in Taipingshenghuifang. Most of the descriptions for the contradindicated acupoints can be explained based on medical knowledge. Conclusions : The contraindicated acupoints in acupuncture or moxibustion treatments in Taipingshenghuifang and Tongrenzhenjiujing seem to have been classified based on the experience of the doctors at that time. Therefore they may be referred to for safe acupuncture or moxibustion treatments at these points.
- Moon JY. A basic study on the prevention of medical accident caused by treatments of acupuncture and moxibustion (I). Dongguk J institute orient med. 2000 ; 8(2) : 175-99.
- Shandong traditional Chinese medical university and Hebei medical university. Huangdineijingsuwenjiaoshi. Beijing : People's medical publishing house Co. Ltd. 1995 : 661-70.
- Hwangfu M. Zhenjiujiayijing. Beijing : People's military medical press. 2005 : 1-172.
- Wang WY. Tongrenshuxuezhenjiutujing. Shanghai : Shanghai scientific & technical publishers. 2000 : 111-275.
- Lee JD, Kim NI. History of Chinese acupuncture and moxibustion. Seoul : Jipmoondang. 1997 : 219-21, 233-44.
- Park HK, Kim KW, Yi YS. The Medical Study about the Developmet of Pediatrics for Song Dynasty. J Orient Med Classics. 2008 ; 21(2) : 1-20.
- Wang HY. Taipingshenghuifang. Beijing : Zhongyigujichibanshe. 2005 : 6972-7036.
- Anonymous. Tongrenzhenjiujing. Seoul : Yeogang publisher. 1988 : 20-95.
- Huang LX. Zhongguozhenjiuxueshushidagang. Seoul : Bubin Publishers Co. 2005 : 60.
- Kwon S, Kim ST, Seo BK, Park HJ, Hahm DH, Lee H. Review on needling or Moxibustion-prohibited points in Chimgugapeulgyeong. Kor J Acupunct. 2010 ; 27(2) : 57-70.
- Lee JC, Seo BK, Kwon SO, Park HJ, Hahm DH, Lee HJ, Kim ST. Review on needling- or moxibustion-prohibited points in Illustrated manual for the practice of acupuncture and moxibustion with the help of a bronze figure bearing acupuncture points and The classic of supplementing life with acupuncture and moxibustion. Kor J Acupunct. 2012 ; 29(1) : 1-15. https://doi.org/10.13045/kamms.2012081
- Van Horn JD, Irimia A, Torgerson CM, Chambers MC, Kikinis R, Toga AW. Mapping connectivity damage in the case of Phineas Gage. P LoS One. 2012 ; 7(5): e37454. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0037454
- Mindus P, Rasmussen SA, Lindquist C. Neurosurgical treatment for refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder: implications for understanding frontal lobe function. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1994 ; 6(4) : 467-77. https://doi.org/10.1176/jnp.6.4.467
- Peuker ET, White A, Ernst E, Pera F, Filler TJ. Traumatic complications of acupuncture. Therapists need to know human anatomy. Arch Fam Med. 1999 ; 8(6) : 553-8. https://doi.org/10.1001/archfami.8.6.553
- Hong WS. Precise proofread of Huangdineijinglingshu. Seoul : Dongyangeuihakyeonguwonchoolpanbu. 1985 : 33.
- Yim YK. Details of meridians & acupoints (Volume II); a guidebook for college students. Daejeon : Jongryonamu. 2012 : 708, 961-79.
- Yan ZG. Applied anatomical atlas of acupoints. Seoul : Pureunsol publishing. 2007 : 90-1.
- Yang JZ. Zhenjiudacheng. Taipei : Wen Kuang publishing company. 1988 : 260, 322.
- Moon JJ, Park JH, Ahn GS, Choi SH, Kim SH, Kim DH et al. DongeuiByungrihak. Seoul : Iljungsa. 1999 : 108.
- Zhang CJ, Xu GQ. Comment for Zhenjiujiayijing. Beijing : People's medical publishing house. 2006 : 476, 493, 526, 685, 704, 903.
- Kwon SO, Seo BK, Park HJ, Hahm DH, Lee HJ, Kim ST. Review on Needling of Moxibustion-prohibited Points in Emergency Formulas Worth a Thousand in Gold and Supplement to the Formulas Worth a Thousand in Gold. Kor J Acupunct. 2011 ; 28(1) : 91-100.
- Anonymous. Mingtangjiujing. Seoul : Yeogang publisher. 1988 : 74.
- vol.35, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14406/acu.2018.012