Fig. 1 State transition diagram of a system without rejuvenation
Fig. 2 Time-based rejuvenation
Fig. 3 Availability vs. rejuvenation trigger interval
Fig. 4 Expected cost vs. rejuvenation trigger interval
Table. 1 Parameters used in the model
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- D. Cotroneo, R. Natella, R. Pietrantuono, and S. Russo, "A survey of software aging and rejuvenation studies," ACM J. on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1-34, Jan. 2014.
- Y. Huang, C. Kintala, N. Kolettis, and N. D. Fulton, "Software rejuvenation: analysis, module and applications," in Proceeding of the 25th International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, Pasadena: CA, pp. 381-390, Jun. 1995.
- H. Ryu, J. Shim, H. Ryu, and Y. Lee, "Analysis of redundant system with rejuvenation for high availability of networking service," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1717-1722, Sep. 2016. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.9.1717
- T. Dohi and H. Okamura, "Dynamic software availability model with rejuvenation," Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 270-290, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.15807/jorsj.59.270
- S. Garg, A. Puliafito, M. Telek, and K. S. Trivedi, "Analysis of preventive maintenance in transactions based software systems," IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 96-107, Jan. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/12.656092
- P. S. V. S. Sridhar and R. Caytiles, "Efficient cloud data hosting availability," Asia-pacific Journal of Convergent Research Interchange, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 11-19, June 2017. https://doi.org/10.21742/APJCRI.2017.06.02
- V. P. Koutras and A. N. Platis, "User-perceived availability of a software rejuvenation model with recovery time omission," Quality and Reliability Engineering International, vol. 32, pp. 1521-1533, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/qre.1862
- H. C. Tijms, A First Course in Stochastic Models, New York NY: Wiley, 2003.
- E. Andrade, F. Machda, D. S. D. Kim, and K. S. Trivedi, "Modeling and analyzing server system with rejuvenation through SysML and stochastic reward nets," in Proceeding of the 6th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, Vienna, Austria, Aug. 2011.