Fig. 1. FE-SEM images of as-synthesized BFSNPs for different average particle size (a) 140 nm, (c) 190 nm (e) 240 nm. Statistical analysis results of particle size distribution for different average particle size of (b) 140 nm, (d) 190 nm, and (f) 240 nm, respectively.
Fig. 2. Photographs of as-synthesized BFSNPs dispersed solutions(concentration of 11.6 mg/mL) with different particle size for different irradiation conditions (a) under daylight, (b) under UV Lamp of 365 nm wavelength.
Fig. 3. Photograph of as-synthesized BFSNPs(190 nm) dispersed solutions under 365 nm UV lamp irradiation for different synthetic process (a) un-calcined BFSNPs (b) calcined BFSNPs at 400 oC in conventional furnace with atmospheric pressure.
Fig. 4. Photoluminescence(PL) spectra of as-synthesized BFSNPs dispersed solutions for different particle size. The PL spectra of BFSNPs dispersed solutions were measured with quartz cell by fluorometry.
Table 1. Summary of the synthesis conditions of blue fluorescent silica nanoparticles (BFSNPs) for different size.
- F. Enrichi, R. Ricco, A. Meneghello, R. Pierobon, F. Marinello, P. Schiavuta "Luminescent dye-doped or rare-earth-doped monodisperse silica nanospheres as efficient labels in DNA microarrays", Proceeding of SPIE, Vol. 7393, pp. 73930M-1-73930M-10, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.828217
- M. Montalti, L. Prodi, E. Rampazzo, N. Zaccheroni, "Dye-doped silica nanoparticles as luminescent organized systems for nanomedicine", Chemical Society Reviews, Vol. 43, pp. 4243-4268, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/c3cs60433k
- G. Canton, R. Ricco, F. Marinello, S. Carmignato, F. Enrichi, "Modified Stober syntheis of highly luminescent dye-doped silica nanoparticles", Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 13, Issue 9, pp. 4349-4356, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11051-011-0382-3
- I. L. Medintz, H. T. Uyeda, E. R. Goldman, H. Mattoussi, "Quantum dot bioconjugates for imaging, labelling and sensing", Nature Materials, Vol. 4, pp. 425-446, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat1390
- J. Folling, S. Polyakova, V. Belov, A. Blaaderen, M. L. Bossi, S. W. Hell, "Synthesis and characterization of photoswitchable fluorescent silica nanoparticles", Small, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 134-142, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.200700440
- J. Xu, J. Liang, J. Li, W. Yang, "Multicolor dye-doped silica nanoparticles independent of FRET", Langmuir, Vol. 26, No. 20, pp. 15722-15725, 2010. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/la1028492
- L. Wang, W. Tan, "Multicolor FRET silica nanoparticles by single wavelength excitation", Nano Letters, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 84-88, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/nl052105b
- R. P. Bagwe, C. Yang, L. R. Hilliard, W. Tan, "Optimization of dye-doped silica nanoparticles prepared using a reverse micoemulsion method", Langmuir, Vol. 20, pp. 8336-8342, 2004. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/la049137j
- H. Ow, D. R. Larson, M. Srivastava, B. A. Baird, W. W. Webb, U. Wiesner, "Bright and stable core-shell fluorescent silica nanoparticles", Nano Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 113-117, 2005. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/nl0482478
- C. D. S. Brites, V. T. Freitas, R. A. S. Ferreira, A. Millan, F. Palacio, L. D. Carlos, "Metal-free highly luminescent silica nanoparticles", Langmuir, Vol. 28, pp. 8190-8196, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/la300288j
- A. M. Jakob, T. A. Schmedake, "A noble approach to monodisperse, luminescent silica spheres", Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 18, pp. 3173-3175, 2006. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1021/cm060664t