- Volume 14 Issue 3
The spray characteristics of the high speed rotating fuel injection system were studied. The five variants of rotating fuel nozzle were used by spray test. The diameter of single column injection orifices are varied from 1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm, 4 mm and 5 mm. We constructed high speed rotating test rig and measured droplet size by PDPA (Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer) system. Also spray was visualized by using high speed camera. In the test results, we could understand that length of liquid column from the injection orifice is mainly controlled by the rotational speeds. SMD is decreased with increasing injection orifice diameter and rotational speeds. Furthermore, from the comparison to the theoritical calculation, we confirmed that SMD is influenced by the liquid film thickness which is formed inner surface of injection orifice.
- W. J. A. Dahm, P. R. Patel, and B. H. Lerg, "Analysis of Liquid Breakup Regimes in Fuel Slinger Atomiza-tion", Atomization and sprays, Vol. 16, 2006, pp.945-962. https://doi.org/10.1615/AtomizSpr.v16.i8.60
- A. M Mellor, "Design of Modern Turbine Combus-tors", Academic Press, London, 1990, pp. 306-314.
- Morishita, T, "A Development of the Fuel Atomizing Device Utilizing High Rotational Speed", ASME Paper, No. 81-GT-180, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY
- W. J. A. Dahm, P. R. Patel, and B. H. Lerg, "Experimental Visualization of Liquid Breakup Regimes in Fuel Slinger Atomization", Atomization and Sprays, Vol. 16, 2006, pp. 933-944. https://doi.org/10.1615/AtomizSpr.v16.i8.50
- 이강엽, 이동훈, 최성만, 박정배, 박영일, 김형모, 한영민, "슬링거 연소기의 연소특성", 한국추진공학회지, 제8권, 1호, 2004, pp. 38-43.
- 최현경, 이동훈, 유경원, 최성만, "슬링거 연소기의 회전형 분사장치의 분무특성 연구", 한국액체미립화학회지, 제13권, 3호, 2008, pp. 149-155.