- Volume 53 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Statistical optimization of culture media contained soy proteins and hypocotyl for the growth of Bifidobacterium lactis BL 740 and production of soy isoflavone aglycones
대두 단백질 및 배아를 이용한 Bifidobacterium lactis BL740의 균체성장 및 이소플라본 비배당체 생산를 위한 통계적 배지 최적화
- Lee, Choong-Young (Central Research Institute, Dr. Chung's Food Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Yoon-Bok (Central Research Institute, Dr. Chung's Food Co. Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Keun-Ha (Central Research Institute, Dr. Chung's Food Co. Ltd.) ;
- Park, Myeong-Soo (Department of Hotel Culinary Arts, Anyang Technical College) ;
- Hwang, Seock-Yeon (Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science College of Applied Science and Industry, Daejeon University) ;
- Hong, Seung-Bok (Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Juseong University) ;
- Yoo, Yung-Choon (Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Konyang University) ;
- Yu, Byung-Yeon (Department of Family Medicine, College of Medicine, Konyang University) ;
- Kim, Chung-Ho (Department of Food and Nutrition, Seowon University)
- 이충영 ((주)정.식품 종양연구소) ;
- 이윤복 ((주)정.식품 종양연구소) ;
- 이근하 ((주)정.식품 종양연구소) ;
- 박명수 (안양과학대학 호텔 관광학과) ;
- 황석연 (대전대학교 임상병리학과) ;
- 홍승복 (주성대학교 임상병리학과) ;
- 유영춘 (건양대학교 의과대학 미생물학과) ;
- 유병연 (건양대학교 의과대학 가정의학과) ;
- 김정호 (서원대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2010.06.03
- Accepted : 2010.06.21
- Published : 2010.09.30
In order to maximize the growth of Bifidobacterium lactis BL 740 and soy isoflavone agycones production, we investigated the optimization of a culture medium containing soy hypocotyls, which are the byproducts of the soy manufacturing process, and soy proteins. The ingredients of the medium containing soy materials (S-medium) were selected by fractional factorial design (FFD) and central composite design (CCD) within a desirable range. The FFD was applied by six factors: glucose, cellobiose, fructooligosaccharide, soy peptone, soy protein, and soy hypocotyl. Soy protein, soy peptone, and soy hypocotyl were found to be significant factors from the result of FFD for both the growth of B. lactis BL 740 and aglycone production. The CCD was then applied with three variables found from FFD at five levels each and the optimum values were determined for the three variables: soy peptone, soy protein, and soy hypocotyl. In the case of the growth of B. lactics BL740, the proposed optimal media contained 12.73 g/L of soy protein, 29.55 g/L of soy peptone, and 130.67 g/L of soy hypocotyl. To produce isoflavone aglycones, optimized media was composed of 2.06 g/L, soy protein, 1.25 g/L of soy peptone, and 60.02 g/L of soy hypocotyl.
대두가공공정 중 발생하는 부산물인 대두배아 및 대두 단백질을 이용하여 Bifidobacterium lactis BL740의 생균수 및 대두 이소플라본 비배당체 생산 최대화를 위한 배지최적화를 수행하였고 이를 위하여 통계적 방법인 fractional factorial design (FFD) 및 central composite design(CCD)를 이용, 대두 유래 성분들이 포함된 배지 (S-medium)의 최적 조성물을 확언하였다. FFD의 경우 glucose, cellobiose, fructooligosaccharidde, soy peptone, soy protein, 대두배아를 이용 총 6가지 요소를 2수준에서 적용하였으며 이 중 soy protein, soy peptone 그리고 대두 배아가 B. lactis BL740의 균성장 혹은 대두 이소플라본 비배당체 전환에 중요 인자로 확인이 되었다. FFD에서 확인된 3가지 인자를 CCD에 적용하였으며 이를 통해 균성장의 경우 최적의 배지조성함량이 soy peptone 29.55 g/L, soy protein 12.73 g/L, 대두 배아 130.67 g/L로 확인되었으며 비배당체 전환의 경우 soy peptone 1.25 g/L, soy protein 2.06 g/L, 대두 배아 60.02 g/L로 최적화 되었다.
- Arjmandi BH and Smith BJ (2002) Soy isoflavones osteoprotective role in postmenopausal women: mechanism of action. J Nutr Biochem 13, 130-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0955-2863(02)00172-9
- Barzel US (1995) The skeleton as an ion exchange system: implications for the role of acid-base imbalance in the genesis of osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Res 10, 1431.
- Clarkson TB (2002) Soy phytoestrogens and cardiovascular disease. J Nutr 132, 566S-569S.
- Constantinou AI, Mehta RG, and Vaughan A (1996) Inhibition of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced mammary tumors in rats by the soybean isoflavones. Anticancer Res 16, 3293-3298.
- Dudek SG (2001) Nutrition essentials for nursing practice. 4th ed 129-157.
- Gaithersburg MD (2005) AOAC Official method of analysis of AOAC IntI. 18th ed Ch 45, 114-118.
- Harkness LS, Fiedler K, Sehgal AR, Oravec D, and Lerner E (2004) Decreascd bone resorption with soy isoflavone supplementation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health 13, 1000-1007. https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2004.13.1000
- Hopkins MJ, Cummings JH, and Macfarlane GT (1998) Interspecies differences in maximum specific growth rates and cell yields of bifidobacteria cultured on oligosaccharides and other simple carbohydrate sources. J Appl Microbiol 85, 381-386. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2672.1998.00524.x
- Izumi T, Piskula MK, Osawa S, Obata A, Tobe K, and Saito M (2000) Soy isoflavone aglycones are absorbed faster and in higher amounts than their glucosides in humans. J Nutr 130, 1695-1699.
- James W, Anderson MD, Bryan MJ, and Margaret E (1995) Metaanalysis of the effects of soy protein intake on serum lipids. N Engl J Med 333, 276-282. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199508033330502
- Kris-Etherton PM, Hecker KD, Bonanome A, Coval SM, Binkoski AE, Hilpert KF, Griel AE, and Etherton TD (2002) Bioactive compounds in foods: their role in the prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Am J Med 30, 71-88.
- Kuhnau J (1976) The flavonoids. A class of semi-essential food eomponents:their role in human nutrition. World Rev Nutr Diet 24, 117-91.
- Lamartiniere CA (2000) Protection against breast cancer with genistein: a component of soy. Am J Clin Nutr 71, 1705S-1707S.
- Lemann JJ (1998) Relationship between urinary calcium and net acid excretion as determined by dietary protein and potassium: a review. Nephron 81, 18.
- Matsuura M, Obata A, and Fukushima D (1989) Objectionable flavor of soymilk developed during the soaking of soybeans and its control. J Food Sci 54, 5677-5679.
Matsuura M and Obata A (1993)
$\beta$-glucosidase from soybeans hydrolyze daidzin and genistin. J Food Sci 58, 144-147. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb03231.x
- Messina M and Bennink M (1988) Soyfoods, isoflavones and risk of colonic cancer: a review of the in vitro and in vivo data. Baillieres Clin Endocrinol Metab 12, 707-728.
- Morrison G and Hark L (1999) Medical nutrition and disease. 2nd ed 354.
Pandjaitan N, Hettiarachy N, and Ju Z (2000) Enrichment of genistein in soy protein concentrate with
$\beta$-glucosidase. J Food Sci 65, 403-407. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2000.tb16016.x
- Ryoo SH, Kim SR, Kim KT, and Kim SS (2004) Isoflavone, phytic acid and oligosaccharide contents of domestic and imported soybean cultivars in Korea. J Korean Soc Sci Nutr 17, 229-235.
- Schryver T (2002) Increasing health benefits using soy germ. Cereal Foods World 47, 185-188.
- Setchell KDR, Brown NM, Desai P, Zimmer-Nechemias L, Wolfe BE, and Brashear WT (2001) Bioavailability of pure isoflavones in healthy humans and analysis of commercial soy isoflavone supplements. J Nutr 131, 1362S-1375S.
- Setchell KDR, Brown NM, Zimmer-Nechemias L, Brashear WT, Wolfe BE, and Kirschner AS (2003) Evidence for lack of absorption of soy isoflavone glycosides in humans, supporting the crucial role of intestinal metabolism for bioavailability. Am J Clin Nutr 76, 447-453.
- Stefano R, Lucia R, Marzia DL, Alberto A, Alan L, Ugo MP, and Maddalena R (2009) Bioconversion of soy isoflavones daidzin and daidzein by Bifidobacterium strains. Appl Microbial Cell Physiol 81, 943-950.
- Wang HJ and Murphy PA (1994a) Isoflavone content in commercial soybean foods. J Agric Food Chem 42, 1666-1673. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00044a016
- Wang HJ and Murphy PA (1994b) Isoflavone composition of American and Japanese soybeans in Iowa: effects of variety, crop year, and location. J Agric Food Chem, 42, 1674-1677. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00044a017
- Ye YR, Su YX, and Verbruggen M (2004) A prospective clinical trial of soy germ isoflavone extract attenuating bone loss in postmenopausal women. J Nutr 134, 1243S.
- Zhang XL, Shu XO, and Gao YT (2003) Soy food consumption is associated with lower risk of coronary heart disease in Chinese women. J Nutr 133, 788-802.
- Zubik L and Meydani M (2003) Bioavailability of soybean isoflavones from aglycone and glucoside forms in American women. Am J Clin Nutr 77, 1459-1465.
- Zhu D, Hettiarchy N, Horax R, and Chen P (2005) Isoflavones contetnts in germinated soybean seeds. Plant Foody Hum Nutr 60, 147-151. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11130-005-6931-0
- Zhuo XG, Melby MK, and Watanabe S (2004) Soy isoflavone intake lowers serum LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of 8 randomized controlled trials in humans. J Nutr 134, 2395-2400.