- Volume 13 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of Fitness Management Class for Wellness Convergence - Based on Fitness, Obese Indices, Metabolic Syndrome Factors -
융복합적인 웰니스를 위한 교양체육 수업의 효과 - 체력, 비만 및 대사증후군 지표 중심으로-
- Lee, Ji-Young (Gangneung-wonju National University) ;
- Kim, Myoung-Su (Pohang University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Shin-Ho (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2015.03.06
- Accepted : 2015.05.20
- Published : 2015.05.28
The purpose of this study was to develop and manage fitness management class by experimenting effects of fitness management class on obese indices, metabolic syndrome risk factors and health and skill-related fitness in university students. Progress of fitness management class by exercise prescription program according to level of students health and fitness. Comparison of obesity indices, metabolic syndrome risk factors and health and skill-related fitness between fitness management class group and control(physical education class) group in before- and after-16week exercise prescription program. Decision of class contents and establishment of fitness management class. The effects of fitness management class appeared to higher than control group on obese indices, metabolic syndrome risk factors and health and skill-related fitness. In conclusions, we suggest that fitness management class for wellness convergence is effective for health promotion of students.
본 연구는 저항성 운동과 유산소 운동의 복합 운동 프로그램으로 구성된 체력관리 수업과 일반 교양체육 수업 간에 비만도와 대사증후군 위험인자의 개선 및 체력 향상 정도에 차이가 있는지를 밝혀내어 융복합적인 웰니스를 위한 체력관리 수업의 필요성을 제시하고자 하였다. 피험자는 본교 체력관리 수강 남학생 113명, 본교 교양체육 실기과목 수강 남학생 67명, 타 대학의 운동과 다이어트 및 건강관리 수업 수강 남학생 40명 총 220명을 연구 대상으로 설정하였다. 비만지표, 대사증후군 위험인자 및 건강 기술관련 체력 변인들은 세 집단 간 수업 전후의 상호작용을 검정하기 위해 이원변량분석(Repeated two-way ANOVA)을 실시하였다. 연구결과, 체력관리 수업이 본교 교양체육 수업과 타 대학 교양체육 수업보다 개인의 비만도와 대사증후군 위험인자를 개선시키고 체력을 향상시키는 것으로 나타났다. 결론적으로 체력관리 교양수업은 기존의 스포츠 실기 및 이론 교양수업에 비해 학생들의 건강과 체력을 효율적으로 증진시킬 수 있는 교과목인 것으로 사료된다.
- M. S. Kim, "A comparative studies on the curriculum and management of university physical education", Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol.35, No.4, pp.336-347, 1996.
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism, "The survey of national physical fitness", 2004.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "The Fourth Korea National Health & Nutrition Exam", 2005.
- T. Y. Son, H. S. Kang, "A study on the association between cardiorespiratory fitness and body fatness and metabolic risk factors in young adults", Exercise science, Vol.18, No3, pp.295-306, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15857/ksep.2009.18.3.295
- J. Y. Lee, S. A. Shin, D. Y. Kim, J. H. Lee, Y. Y. Lee, H. S. Kang, "Correlative Comparison of Obesity Indices and Cardiopulmonary Fitness for Metabolic Syndrome" Journal of exercise nutrition & biochemistry , Vol.9, No.1, pp.49-56, 2005.
- Korea institute of Sport Science, "Training materials of sports for all(first class)", 2008.
- AAHPERD, "A Physical fitness education and assessment program" Physical best, 1988.
- American College of Sports Medicine[ACSM], "Position stand: Appropriate intervention strategies for weight loss and prevention of weight regain for adults" Med. Sci. Sports Exerc, Vol.33, No.12, pp.2145-2156, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200112000-00026
- American College of Sports Medicine[ACSM], "ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription(seventh edition):, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- J. A. Bank, "A curriculum for empowerment action and change. In C.E.Slter(Ed)", Empowerment through Multilateral Education Albany, NY:SUNY. Press, pp.125-141, 1991.
- B. A. Brehm, "Elevation of metabolic rate following exercise. Implications for weight loss", Sports Med, Vol.6, No.2, pp.72-78, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-198806020-00002
- C. A. Bucher, "Administration of physical education athletic programs", Saint Louis, The C. V. Mosby Co, 1983.
- C. J. Caspersen, K. E. Powell, G. M. Christenson, "Physical activity, exercise and physical fitness", Definitions and distinctions for health related, Public Health Report, Vol.100, pp.126-131, 1985.
- C. B. Corbin, "Concepts of physical fitness and wellness with laboratories", M.W:Brown & Benchmark Publishers, 1994.
- C. B. Corbin, R. Lindsey, "Concepts of physical fitness with laboratories", W.M.C. Brown Publishers, 1988.
- R. A., DeFronzo, E. Ferrannini, "Insulin resistance, A multifaceted syndrome responsible for NIDDM, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease", Diabetes Care, Vol.14, No.3, pp.173-194, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.14.3.173
- B. Gutin, Z. Yin, M. C. Humphries, W. H. Hoffman, B. Gower, P. barbeau, "Relations of fatness and fitness to fasting insulin in black and white adolescents", The Journal of Pediatrics, Vol.145, No.6, pp.737-743, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2004.07.016
- M. Hargreaves, "Skeletal muscle carbohydrate metabolism during exercise", Exercise Metabolism, Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, pp.41-72, 1995.
- D. N. Hastad, A. C. Lacy, "Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Exercise Science", Allyn & Bacon, 1998,
- G. R. Hunter, T. Kekes-Szabo, S. W. Snyder, C. Nicholson, I. Nyikos, L. Berland, "Fat distribution, physical activity, and cardiovascular risk factors", Medicine and science in sports and exercise, Vol.29, No.3, pp.362-369, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-199703000-00011
- A. E. Jewett, C. D. Ennis, "Ecological intergration as a vaue orientation for iurricular decision making" Journal of Curriculum and Supervision, Vol.5, pp.120-131, 1990.
- S. Johnson, "The effect of training frequency of aerobic dance on oxygen uptake, body composition and personality", J. Sports Med. Phys. Fitness, Vol.24, pp.290-298, 1984.
- I. Kiefer, U. Kunze, N. Mitsche, M. Kunze, "Obesity in Austria: epidemiologic and social medicine aspects:, Acta. Med. Austriaca, Vol.25, No.4-5, pp.126-128, 1998.
- E. T. Poehlman, H. F. Viers, M. Detzer, "Influence of physical activity and dietary restraint on resting energy expenditure in young nonobese females", Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol., Vol.69, No.3, pp.320-326, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1139/y91-049
- J. A. Romijin, E. F. Coyle, L. S. Sidossis, A. Gastaldelli, J. F. Horowitz, E. Endert, R. R. Wolfe, "Regulation of endogenous fat and carbohydrate metabolism in relation to exercise intensity", Am. J. Physio, Vol.265, pp.E380-E391, 1993.
- D. R. Sinacore, E. A. Gulve, "The role of skeletal muscle in glucose transport, glucose homeostasis, and insulin resistance: implications for physical therapy", Phys. Ther, Vol.73, No.12, pp.878-891, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/73.12.878
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services[USDHHS], "Physical activity and health : A report of the Surgeon General", Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1996.