- Volume 12 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields on Blood components, Antioxidant enzymes and Reactive Oxygen in Hyperlipidemic Rats
맥동전자장이 고지혈증 흰쥐의 혈액 성분, 항산화 효소 및 활성 산소에 미치는 영향
- Bang, Hyun-Soo (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Gimcheon University) ;
- Jeong, In-Ho (Dept. of Dental Technology, Gimcheon University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Deok (Dept. of Optometry, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2014.04.09
- Accepted : 2014.07.20
- Published : 2014.07.28
The present study was aimed to investigate the effects of the application of pulsed electromagnetic fields on the blood components associated hyperlipidemia, antioxidant enzymes and reactive oxygen. The subjects were divided into three groups: General Diet, High fat Diet, High fat diet and pulsed electromagnetic fields. Pulsed electromagnetic field was applied with pulsed electromagnetic energy therapy equipment. The Glucose, free fatty acids, triglycerides, cholesterol and insulin was used to measure hyperlipidemia-related blood components, and the GSH, GRD, XO and MDA was used to measure antioxidant enzymes and reactive oxygen. The applied pulsed electromagnetic field has improved the concentrations of blood components and increasing GSH and GRD, that were decreased due to a high-fat diet and by reducing the increased MDA and XO to a level of general diet group. Therefore, the applied pulsed electromagnetic field can be the effective treatment for changes in the blood composition of hyperlipidemic rats, enhancement of antioxidative activity and the inhibition of reactive oxygen.
본 연구는 맥동전자장이 고지혈증 관련 혈액 성분, 항산화 효소와 활성 산소에 어떠한 영향을 미치는 지를 관찰하기 위하여 실시하였다. 실험군은 정상식이군, 고지방식이군과 고지방식이-맥동전자장 적용군의 3군으로 나누었다. 맥동 전자장은 맥동 전자장 에너지 치료기를 이용하였다. 혈액 성분의 검사 항목은 혈당, 유리지방산, 중성지방 및 콜레스테롤, 인슐린이고, 항산화 효소와 활성 산소의 검사는 글루타치온, 글루타치온 환원효소, 크산틴, 과산화지질을 측정하였다. 그 결과 맥동전자장 적용은 혈액 구성성분과 GSH와 GRD를 고지장식이 수준에서 정상식이 수준으로 상승시켰으며, XO와 MDA는 고지방식이 수준에서 정상 식이 수준으로 낮추어 주는 개선효과를 나타내었다. 그러므로 맥동전자장의 적용은 고지혈증 흰쥐의 혈액성분의 변화, 항산화 효소의 증가, 활성 산화의 억제에 효과적인 치료 방법이라 할 수 있다.
- J. Davis, M. Murphy, T. Trinick, E. Duly, A. Nevil, G. Davison, Acute effects of walking on inflammatory and cardiovascular risk in sedentary post-menopausal women. J Sports Sci, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 303-309, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410701552906
- A. R. Pathan, A. B. Gaikwad, B. Viswanad, P. Ramarao, Rosiglitazone attenuates the cognitive deficits induced by high fat diet feeding in rats. Eur J Phamacol, vol. 589, no. 1-3, pp. 176-179, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2008.06.016
- M. W. Hulver, J. A. Hournard, Plasma leptin and exercise: recent findings. Sports Med, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 473-482, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200333070-00001
- J. E. Turner, N. J. Hodges, J. A. Bosch, S. Aldred, Prolonged depletion of antioxidant capacity after ultraendurance exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1770-1776, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e31821240bb
- D. H. Kwon, B. S. Kim, H. Chang, Y. I. Kim, S. A. Jo, Y. H. Leem, Exercise ameliorates cognition impairment due to restraint stress-induced oxidative insult and reduced BDNF level. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, vol. 434, no. 2, pp. 245-251. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2013.02.111
- R. H. Funk, T. K. Monsees, Effects of electromagnetic fields on cells: physiological and therapeutical approaches and molecular mechanisms of interaction. A review. Cells Tissues Organs, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 59-78, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000093061
- C. T. Rubin, K. J. McLeod, L. E. Lanyon, Prevention of osteoporosis by pulsed electromagnetic fields. J Bone Joint Surg Am, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 411-417, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-198971030-00016
- B. F. Sisken, J. Walker, M. Orgel, Prospects on clinical applications of electrical stimulation for nerve regeneration. J Cell Biochem, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 404-409, Review, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.2400510404
- C. H. Kim, J. H. Youn, J. Y. Park, S. K. Hong, K. S. Park, S. W. Park, K. I. Suh, K. U. Lee, Effects of high-fat diet and exercise training on intracellular glucose metabolism in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, vol. 278, no. 6, pp. 977-984, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.2000.278.6.E977
- J. S. Gilbert, C. T. Banek, A. J. Bauer, A. Gingery, K. Needham, Exercise training attenuates placental ischemia-induced hypertension and angiogenic imbalance in the rat. Hypertension, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 1545-1551, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.112.202275
- K. J. Ko, The Effect of Swimming Exercise by Load on Blood Components, Antioxidant Enzymes and Reactive Oxygen in Rats. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 247-255, 2002.
- M. T. Chen, L. N. Kaufman, T. Spennetta, E. Shrago, Effects of high fat-feeding to rats on the interrelationship of body weight, plasma insulin, and fatty acyl-coenzyme A, esters in liver and skeletal muscle. Metabolism, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 564-569, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0026-0495(92)90221-U
- G. Zhang, N. Shirai, H. Suzuki, Relationship between the effects of dietary fat on swimming endurance and energy metabolism in aged mice. Ann Nutr Metab, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 282-289, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1159/000331213
- A. Netreba, D. Popov, Y. Bravyy, E. Lyubaeva, M. Terada, T. Ohira, H. Okabe, O. Vinogradova, Y. Ohira, Responses of knee extensor muscles to leg press training of various types in human. Ross Fiziol Im I M Sechenova, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 406-416, 2013.
- T. Zima, V. Tesar, S. Stipek, J. Crkovska, R. Poledne, J. Teminova, J. Platenik, I. Rychlik, M. Merta, K. Nemecek, The influence of cyclosporin on lipid peroxidation and superoxide dismutase in adriamycin nephropathy in rats. Nephron, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 464-468, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1159/000189586
- H. M. Alessio, Exercise induced oxidative stress. Med Sci Sports Exerc, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 218-224, 1993.
- E. Jowko, J. Sacharuk, B. Balasinska, J. Wilczak, M. Charmas, P. Ostaszewski, R. Charmas, Effects of a single dose of green tea polyphenols on the blood markers of exercise-induced oxidative stress in soccer players. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 486-496, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.22.6.486
- H. Gatterer, J. Greilberger, M. Philippe, M. Faulhaber, R. Djukic, M. Burtscher, Short-term supplementation with alpha-kwtoglutaric acid and 5-hydroxymethylfurfural does not prevent the hypoxia induced decrease of exercise performance despite attenuation of oxidative stress. Int J Sports Med, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2013.
- P. C. Silveira, Da SilvaLA, P. T. Tromm, L. Dda. Scheffer, C. T. de Souza, R. A. Pinho, Effects of therapeutic pulsed ultrasound and dimethylsulfoxide phonophoresis on oxidative stress parameters after injury induced by eccentric exercise. Ultrasonics, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 650-654, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2012.01.007
- R. A. Olek, K. Safranow, K. Jakubowska, M. Olszewska, D. Chlubek, R. Laskowski, Allopurinol intake does not modify the slow component of V(.)O(2) kinetics and oxidative stress induced by severe intensity exercise. Physiol Res, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 89-96, 2012.