Fig. 1. Moderating role of gender
Fig. 2. Moderating role of age
Table 1. General characteristics of the analytic sample
Table 2. Characteristics of the focal variables
Table 3. The association between daily stress and smartphone overdependence
Table 4. Moderating roles of gender and age
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Soonchunhyang University
- Korea Information Society Development Institute. (2016). The 2016 Korea media panel survey.
- National Information Society Agency. (2016). 2016 digital culture forum policy research report.
- National Information Society Agency. (2018). 2017 smartphone overdependence survey report.
- B. N. Kim. (2013). Effect of smartphone addiction on youth's sociality development. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(4), 208-217. DOI: 10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.04.208
- J. J. Woo, E. M. Kwak & H. J. Lee. (2018). The convergence study of smartphone overuse on cyberbullying: Focusing on mediating effects of aggression. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 61-67. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.061
- M. G. Park, J. J. Kim & G. Y. Kang. (2018). The relationship between smartphone use, school violence attitudes, bullying situation of adolescents in era of convergence. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(2), 111-118. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.111
- H. G. Baek & J. W. Yun. (2014). A study on the relation between adolescent's smartphone addiction and psychological mindedness. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(7), 389-400. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.7.389
- Statistics Korea.Ministry of Gender Equality and Family. (2018). 2018 youth statistics.
- S. Y. Oh. (2013). A study on the cause and preventive measures of smart-phone addiction in multi-cultural family: Analysis of in-depth interviews. The Police Science Journal, 8(1), 149-180.
- J. S. Park, Y. J. Koh & Y. S. Han. (2015). National or ethnic language fluency and the quality of relationship between parents and children in multicultural family in Korea. Korean Psychological Journal of Culture and Social Issues, 21(4), 649-669. DOI: 10.20406/kjcs.2015.11.21.4.649
- Y. J. Jang & N. M. Shin. (2015). An ethnography study on the experiences and characteristics of peer relationships among multicultural adolescents. Multicultural Education Studies, 8(4), 57-76. https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2015.12.31.57
- ChosunBiz. (2013. 6. 13). Internet.smartphone addictions for children, especially those in single parent and multicultural families, are serious. http://biz.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/06/13/2013061301964.html?rsMobile=false
- Hankyoreh. (2017. 10. 23). Three sons in multicultural family all fell into smartphone use. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/it/815697.html#csidx 094f0b0bdacaaf398eee7818b30e1de
- L. I. Pearlin, M. A. Lieberman, E. G. Menaghan & J. T. Mullan. (1981). The stress process. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 22(4), 337-356. DOI: 10.2307/2136676
- J. R. Reynolds & R. J. Turner. (2008). Major life events: Their personal meaning, resolution, and mental health significance. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 49(2), 223-237. DOI: 10.1177/002214650804900208
- M. S. Suk & Y. G. Ku. (2016). The effects of individual, family, and school factors on smart-phone addiction of adolescents. Journal of Youth Welfare, 18(1), 53-77. DOI: 10.19034/KAYW.2016.18.1.03
- H. J. Lee. (2017). The mediating effects of multidimensional experiential avoidance on the relationship between stress and Internet/Smartphone addiction in adolescents. Stress, 25(4), 279-285. DOI: 10.17547/kjsr.2017.25.4.279
- D. H. Kim, Y. J. Park & J. W. Jang. (2017). The study on effect of adolescent's smart-phone addiction related to academic stress. Journal of Schol Social Work, 37, 67-89.
- Y. J. Lee & J. H. Park. (2014). The effect of use motives, self-control and social withdrawal on smartphone addiction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(8), 459-465. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.459
- J. Y. Kim. (2017). The relationship among loneliness, stress, and smartphone addiction of adolescents in the era of digitalization. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(9), 335-343. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.9.335
- S. Y. Park & S. N. Yang. (2015). Factors associated with internet use time among adolescents: focused on convergent implication. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(9), 387-395. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.387
- D. H. Kim. (2016). The moderating effects of the way of coping in between perceived stress and smartphone use in adolescent. The Korean Journal of Stress Research, 24(2), 57-64. DOI: 10.17547/kjsr.2016.24.2.57
- M. K. Kim. (2016). Relationship of multicultural adolescents' stress, depression, family resilience and Internet game addiction. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(1), 205-210. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.205
- J. H. Yu & S. Y. Hwang. (2016). Factors affecting depression among adolescents from multicultural families in Korea: A comparison with those from general families. Social Work Practice & Research, 13(1), 115-146.
- S. S. Lee & S. H. Jun. (2004). Self-enhancement motive, commitment to Internet space, formation of role-identity, and Internet addiction: A test of identity theory. Studies on Korean Youth, 15(2), 27-56.
- H. J. Han & M. S. Yoon. (2010). The impact of adolescents' stress on mobile-phone overuse according to grades and gender. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 17(6), 21-46.
- M. S. Yoon. (2017). Comparing the mobile-phone overuse by gender and school levels. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(1), 1-9. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.1
- W. R. Lee. (2013). A review on emotional and behavioral problems and related variables of children from multi-cultural families. Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, 29(3), 409-431.
- J. Y. Song & M. K. Bae. (2015). Risk factors infuencing on deinquency exerience levels in adolescents of multicultural family. Journal of Welfare for the Correction, 39, 29-58.
- B. E. Compas, P. G. Orosan & K. E. Grant. (1993). Adolescent stress and coping: implications for psychopathology during adolescence. Journal of Adolescence, 16, 331-349. DOI: 10.1006/jado.1993.1028
- Korea Center for Disease and Prevention. (2017). The 13th Korea youth health risk behavior web-based survey in 2017.
- J. A. Ryu. (2016). A study for parent education for Internet addiction prevention of children in multicultural Families, Journal of The Korean Society for Computer Game, 29(4), 125-131. https://doi.org/10.21493/kscg.2016.29.2.125
- H. S. Lee. (2015). Effect of teenager media usage control in the era of media convergence. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(7), 359-366. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.359
- Y. Cui & H. S. Kwon. (2014). A study on the current status of media addiction and strategy of media education for adolescents from multicultural families. The Journal of Multicultural Society, 7(2), 61-84. DOI: 10.15685/jms.2014.08.7.2.61
- Y. J. Lee. (2011). A study on parent-children relation influences on Internet excess utility of adolescent in digital period. Journal of Digital Convergence, 9(6), 103-111. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2011.9.6.103
- R. H. Lee & H. L. Chang. (2018). The influences of closeness with parents and awareness of Internet policies on Internet addiction among adolescents in multicultural families in South Korea. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(3), 13-25. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2018.16.3.013
- K. S. Kim, K. S. Shin & H. M. Lee. (2017). The effect of positive and negative parenting attitudes on adolescents' smartphone dependency in the time of convergence: Focusing on the mediating effect of poor attachment. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(4), 139-149. DOI: 10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.4.139